need help transporting my PC

satch_rules5150

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
anyone recommend a nicer lan party bag or case with wheels and a handle that i can transport my new custom PC with?

i'm gonna be on the road with it alot and i hate lugging it with my strap bag :(

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
anyone recommend a nicer lan party bag or case with wheels and a handle that i can transport my new custom PC with?

i'm gonna be on the road with it alot and i hate lugging it with my strap bag :(

Please list your components. You MAY be able to get the stuff into a SFF

case, depending on your Graphics card, and CPU. GL :)

blueangel

Distinguished
May 7, 2006

What case do you have??? Dimensions???

satch_rules5150

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006

What case do you have??? Dimensions???

its a thermalrock eclipse

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811133161

price really isin't an issue. i'm willing to spend a couple hundred bucks on it, as long as its sturdy and can be rolled instead of carried.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Go any buy some furniture wheels from the hardware store. If the bottom of the iside of your case is clean and hardware free you might be able to get away with using them for the wheels. They're cheap too!

TSIllusion

Distinguished
May 13, 2006
tats one of the worst thing ives heard... buying wheels and drilling holes in a case to attach them...

getting a bag would be a lot better... its kinda hard to find bags that are made for computers... unless ur looking at like luggage size ones

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
tats one of the worst thing ives heard... buying wheels and drilling holes in a case to attach them...

Form and function rarely co-exist.

Anyway, what's another hole in the case? It's in the bottom as well so you can't see it and if you are good at modding you might be able to make something up to fold the wheels away when not in use (space permitting).

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

Form and function rarely co-exist.

Anyway, what's another hole in the case? It's in the bottom as well so you can't see it and if you are good at modding you might be able to make something up to fold the wheels away when not in use (space permitting).

I happen to like your idea. Assuming you do a tidy job, it would be great. Then you can roll the case in and out from under your desk, much
easier. Alot of ghetto fixes, are the best. :wink:

satch_rules5150

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006

getting a bag would be a lot better... its kinda hard to find bags that are made for computers... unless ur looking at like luggage size ones

If the case has holes already in the bottom for those little rubber pads they put on the bottom then drilling would be unecessary. Just remove the pads and then at worst you may have to enlarge a hole that is already there. Saw another thread on here where someone put furniture feet on the bottom of his case that way. It was part of something he did to improve the cooling of his case. http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/Simple-mod-greatly-improve-front-fan-cooling-efficiency-ftopict185018.html

i'm actually looking to protect my case not expose it to the elements. thats why i don't like my strap bag. i was hoping someone knew of a online retailer that sold something like the rolling anvil cases that bands use to keep guitar amps in.

ohh well.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Could just get a suitcae with rollers and a handle that the case would fit in. If you're concerned about water, you could wrap it in a thick piece of plastic before putting it in the suitcase.

smoothy

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2005
Depending on your budget you may want to check out Pelican cases (www.pelican.com) or benson boxes (www.benson.com i think). Pelicans are expensive, but almost impossible to break, they are also waterproof. Bensons are much cheaper but I've never seen a Benson with wheels, you may have to have them custom attached or put them on yourself.