Please recommend me a case

mechluke

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
I need the help from all experienced users out there.I am thinking of buying a new case.My primary concern is low temperatures and my secondary low noise.i was thinking of an aluminium case and i have to say that i really like thermaltake shark.What do u all think of this case?If you have any recommendations for other cases please be free to post.Thanx in advance.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Tt shark is one the best and popular case you can buy. It is a great case for it is made of aluminum, light sturdy construction and have a good thermal design. However, if you want something bigger then look toward the Tt Kandalf, I own one and I must say it is the best case I have ever owned. Its huge and all aluminum and very spacious as well, cramming all my components and mods no problem. The thermal design is also amazing and provides good air circulation and ventilations. But a Tt Shark is a good one among mid size case, and you can't go wrong with it.

RTsa

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
Antec Sonata Piano Black would be one to consider. You could also get those noice reducing plates in it, would be really quiet.

Not too costly either.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
Antec Sonata Piano Black would be one to consider. You could also get those noice reducing plates in it, would be really quiet.

Not too costly either.

good idea.

BUT

NZXT Lexa, i have one, barely audiable over my small ceiling fan. 3 x 120mm fans, an 80mm fan at top and optional intake 80mm fan at bottom

and frankly it looks good. very good.

light to about 10 lbs unl;oaded 17ish loaded

BillGates

Distinguished
May 27, 2006
the Aspire X-plorer is a pretty good one as long as u replace the power supply with something more powerful. it's pretty quiet

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
thats on OK case, i dont trust aspire, cheap cases, bad materials, but if u do get it chuck the PSU its worth nothing, very crappy PSU.

TSIllusion

Distinguished
May 13, 2006
Antec P180 can do both of what you want... quite noise and cooling

Thermaltake Amor is another choice that I would take myself... or even the Amor Jr.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
Antec P180 can do both of what you want... quite noise and cooling

Thermaltake Amor is another choice that I would take myself... or even the Amor Jr.

Dont get the P180, get the P180B(B for Black)

why?

I emailed Antec and they said the P180B was revised and fixed of all warping and bending and other problems.

frankly to me the P180 (silver) looks better but i would get the P180 B since the case it self is really good.

but its up to u, Lexa, P180B, Armor all good choices.

mechluke

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
Guys to tell u the truth i like the Tt shark but i am concerned about its front panel.Most of the reviews say that the front fan is useless because of its bad frontal design(it does not allow much air to go into the case if any at all).So if this happens how does this case achieve good thermal behavior?I think that the armor jr allows more air to go into the case but the thing is that it is smaller than the shark.

TRENDING THREADS