Can I sync to public folders?

November 11, 2004 4:38:09 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

I want to sync a contact list in public folders in outlook to a pocket pc.
The contacts have multiple categories assigned to each contact. There are
about 4000 contacts and about 50 different categories. Is this supported by
Windows Mobile 2003?

More about : sync public folders

Anonymous
November 15, 2004 1:18:48 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:38:09 -0600, "Roni O'Keefe"
<rokeefe@independentinc.com> wrote:

>I want to sync a contact list in public folders in outlook to a pocket pc.
>The contacts have multiple categories assigned to each contact. There are
>about 4000 contacts and about 50 different categories. Is this supported by
>Windows Mobile 2003?

Public folder sync is not supported - sorry. Categories are fully
supported however. Take a look at Outlook PCS
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...)
which is a workaround but should work to get those contacts onto your
Pocket PC.

--
Rob Borek
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

This is an ENORMOUS gap in the Pocket PC ActiveSync technology. This is why
all my clients are using Blackberry instead of PocketPC or Palm. There has
to be a better solution. Outlook PCS doesn't work with Outlook 2003, so if
you stay current with MS software (like I do) you are out of luck. I used to
use PCS and it was unstable to be polite.

"Rob Borek [MS MVP]" <r_borek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:38:09 -0600, "Roni O'Keefe"
> <rokeefe@independentinc.com> wrote:
>
>>I want to sync a contact list in public folders in outlook to a pocket pc.
>>The contacts have multiple categories assigned to each contact. There are
>>about 4000 contacts and about 50 different categories. Is this supported
>>by
>>Windows Mobile 2003?
>
> Public folder sync is not supported - sorry. Categories are fully
> supported however. Take a look at Outlook PCS
> (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...)
> which is a workaround but should work to get those contacts onto your
> Pocket PC.
>
> --
> Rob Borek
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
> Want *ONE ON ONE* support? http://www.pocketpcone2one.com
> Please place all replies into the newsgroup so that others can benefit.
February 26, 2013 10:34:49 AM

You can sync contact folder, calendar or any folder within public folders by using 3rd party software called smartafone. I believe there are other products doing similar things but this is one we use for almost 2 years without any problems.
http://www.smartafone.com/
!