VoIP and FAXing

I am currently in search for a VoIP provider as SBC is the only land
line solution in my area and I no longer like the way they treat their
customers.

I'm leaning tward Vonage, but my question is, does any of the VoIP
providers have issues when FAXing over the primary line? I know Vonage
can add a dedicated FAX line for $9.99, but I don't do a lot of FAXing
(maybe once a month). Having a second line would be a waste.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!
4 answers Last reply
More about voip faxing

    The Great Uvageez wrote:

    > I am currently in search for a VoIP provider as SBC is the only land
    > line solution in my area and I no longer like the way they treat their
    > customers.
    >
    > I'm leaning tward Vonage, but my question is, does any of the VoIP
    > providers have issues when FAXing over the primary line? I know Vonage
    > can add a dedicated FAX line for $9.99, but I don't do a lot of FAXing
    > (maybe once a month). Having a second line would be a waste.
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    ATT CallVantage says to check with them before using a FAX as only
    certain types are supported.

    In article ID <1107009974.017348.255220@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "The
    Great Uvageez" <uvageez@yahoo.com> writes:

    >I'm leaning tward Vonage, but my question is, does any of the VoIP
    >providers have issues when FAXing over the primary line? I know Vonage
    >can add a dedicated FAX line for $9.99, but I don't do a lot of FAXing
    >(maybe once a month). Having a second line would be a waste.
    >Any help would be appreciated.

    Faxing is supported over the primary line. The dedicated fax line is so you
    have a dedicated fax number.

    Rick Merrill wrote:
    > The Great Uvageez wrote:
    >
    >> I am currently in search for a VoIP provider as SBC is the only land
    >> line solution in my area and I no longer like the way they treat their
    >> customers.
    >>
    >> I'm leaning tward Vonage, but my question is, does any of the VoIP
    >> providers have issues when FAXing over the primary line? I know Vonage
    >> can add a dedicated FAX line for $9.99, but I don't do a lot of FAXing
    >> (maybe once a month). Having a second line would be a waste.
    >> Any help would be appreciated.
    >

    > ATT CallVantage says to check with them before using a FAX as only
    > certain types are supported.

    I have faxed on my one and only vonage line and have had no problem. I
    have a very simple Brother Intellifax

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 06:46:14 -0800, The Great Uvageez wrote:

    > I'm leaning tward Vonage, but my question is, does any of the VoIP
    > providers have issues when FAXing over the primary line? I know Vonage
    > can add a dedicated FAX line for $9.99, but I don't do a lot of FAXing
    > (maybe once a month). Having a second line would be a waste. Any help
    > would be appreciated.

    I have setup a fax-service at www.k7.net for free. Only drawback is that
    it requeires a call to it at least every 4 weeks - I've setup my server to
    automatically send a fax every 3 weeks to ensure that ;-)

vpn VoIP Networking