Case Modding and the overall potential of a good Case

uber_g

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2006
Hi all

ok so case modding has been around since the early days of Pc building, from spray painting to some thing like this

Picture093as.jpg

Now, if u would Please give own Opinions and storys your own personal experiences on Case/Pc modding ....

ex. For me it started when i got my eMachines back in 2000 at first i didnt know anything about computers, well at least not enough info on how to build/buy computers

the Pc was a Pentium 4 2.53ghz cpu and it had 512 mb of ram
onboard video... the whole shibang
-in the next month or so i was looking on google and i came across some weird looking pic of a Pc all pimped out, lights everywhere a Radeon 9800pro in it and all the goodies

i looked at my case and i wanted to do some "stuff" to it, so i bust out a can of spray paint and painted it black and i added some Led fans in it

that was pretty much all i can do with that case

now 6 years later i built my own ( see sig ) of course i got tired of the case so i painted it and added some LED fans and wired the hell out of it

before
image0079jt.jpg

after
rfgyhfgh5wc.jpg

i will be getting another case since this one does not suit my needs
-chipped paint all over the place

If u guys would share your experiences with Pc building/modding it would be great !

hopefully people can see this thread and get ideas and put then to use !

-Uber_g

jesus loves u all

thx

Well there was a couple of times when my cheapo PSU just didn't cut it. What to do?

One of those times was back in dec '04, I upgraded my XP 2800 to an A64-3400 and got a zalman fanless for my 9800 pro.

I started to get some blue screens, random crashes and lockups during OC'd heavy gaming.

Off to my tool box, got a 1" hole saw, 3/8" drill bit, some 2-sided tape, liquid nails, a couple of small zip ties, and blue electricial tape.

Dual-rail on the cheap! It was an AT 250w unit so I was able to mod the power switch flush to where the old power cable was, then hooked it up to all the peripherals and the GPU power - so the original 250w unit was able to be dedicated to the ATX and P4 power connectors only.

It happened yet again, when my fileserver was young (before I got the X-Nav case w/ 500w) I started adding the many hdds, and after the 6th hdd was added, I got no post! What to do... Off to the tool box again, this time the 3/8 drill bit and a jigsaw was all I needed for the full-tower in-case dual PSU mod:

So I roughed a pattern with the drill bit then connect-the-dots w/ the jigsaw... Maybe "roughed" is an understatement... definitely ugly looking but functional. Again it was another old 250w AT unit so I just hung the switch out of one of the 3 1/4" bays. I also had to sacrifice the top rear case fan, so I put in a high-output (and loud) 80mm ball-bearing unit. This one had an old Antec 300w originally, with the 250w I was able to have a dozen HDDs and 2 optical drives 8)

I guess I could have "just bought a new one" but that's no fun :p

juvealert

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
good idea doolittle that will definatly save some extra fresh air inside the pc and leaving some extra space inside to work with

sounds interesting post extra pics dud

thanks