is there a way to set automatic trim?

....in FS 2004? i just have a simple joystick and mouse, and its
highly disruptive to keep clicking on the trim wheels while flopping
around the sky wildy. if not... I dont get why there isn't an
auto-trim feature that trims to keep level flight no matter what your
airspeed change is. =\

what keyboard buttons control trim? is the microsoft sidewinder
programmable and how would i program elevator trim on its side buttons?
thanks!

dude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello matty/amangill/emak
Press CTL/ALT/DEL, select task manager, make sure FS9 is highlighted
then
selected END TASK to bring up the control assignment page for the trim
options.

Ibby

LOL now thats just cold to do to a fellow simmer

dallas

"Emak"
> highly disruptive to keep clicking on the trim wheels while flopping

You can use the keyboard keys for that and it will be less disruptive. If
you have a way to set the keyboard alongside your chair on the left side or
get a programmable stick and assign trim to some buttons.

> I don't get why there isn't an
> auto-trim feature that trims to keep level flight no matter what your
> airspeed change is.

There is... it's the autopilot. :)

Dallas

7 & 1 on the numeric keypad control trim, make sure you have the NumLock key
"off" in order to use them.
Within the sim if you use the menus at the top and look for controller
assignments, you can see every single keypress. Alternatively try a search
of Avsim or similar for a file called fs9keyref.zip

"Emak" <Emak@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
> what keyboard buttons control trim? is the microsoft sidewinder
> programmable and how would i program elevator trim on its side buttons?
> thanks!

Hello matty/amangill/emak
Press CTL/ALT/DEL, select task manager, make sure FS9 is highlighted then
selected END TASK to bring up the control assignment page for the trim
options.

Ibby

"Emak" <Emak@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
> what keyboard buttons control trim? is the microsoft sidewinder
> programmable and how would i program elevator trim on its side buttons?
> thanks!

Is that not part of everyones start-up checklist!

Ibby

"Dude" <chris.holub@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello matty/amangill/emak
> Press CTL/ALT/DEL, select task manager, make sure FS9 is highlighted
> then
> selected END TASK to bring up the control assignment page for the trim
> options.
>

> Ibby
>

> LOL now thats just cold to do to a fellow simmer

crash

Ibby (The Artist Formally Known as Chris) wrote:
> Is that not part of everyones start-up checklist!

Well, it is less time consuming than - format c:

What about quick format under administrative tools?

Ibby