Best Keyboard & Mouse Combo for GAMING?

Benjamonous

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2006
I'm trying to find the best keyboard and mouse for gaming. I've been impressed with Logitech's offerings in the past, but I'm open to anything. I'd prefer a wireless keyboard and mouse, but avoiding lag is more important.

What would you guys suggest?

Thanks

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Logitech G15 keyboard and G5 mouse combo is one of the best pair you can buy for gaming applications. Thing is it's not cheap as the key is from $80-$100 and the mouse is $40-$60 but if you want an ultimate gaming controls then you have to squeeze out extra. Believe me you won't regret it as I have fully satisfied and enjoyed this controls solely for my gaming porpuse.

Logitech has wireless as well and lag is not that of a concern at all. But the only thing I don't like is recharging the batteries.

HarryLemon

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
Dude, I highly recommend the G-15 from Logitech, paired with the G-5 mouse (from same).

I bought them both about 2-3 weeks ago and man, it's changed the whole experience for me. The build quility for both is just outright fantastic, with a material feel not unlike what you'd enjoy caressing the dash of a new beamer!

Yes, I'm a big fan of Logitech, now more than ever. I was open to all others as well, but compared to my old mouse and keyboard (both Logitech), the G-15 and G-5 are a class unto themselves.

Both are wired, and I know you stated a preference for wireless, but lag IS more important to me than anything else, plus it's not like I'm going to be playing it away from my desk, so why even bother I say.

Peace,
HarryLemon

juvealert

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
hey man i have a logitech optical mouse, pretty old though the M-SJ69 ( if im correct its from the 1st model of optical mice).

I bang it like hell for several times when games get me pissed off (u heavy gemers know what i mean) while gamin' & the mouse still goin' strong, even when clickin still respond well

i recomend u to by a logitech k/b and mouse

aceprowler

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2006
Yes, G5 is the ultimate gaming mouse!

I've been using it for a good 6 months now. No problems at all. Then You can control the DPI with the touch of a button 400dpi - 800dpi - 1600dpi, or you can set these to your standards!! Excellent for using when you need to move something really fast, like a tank turret!

Kwijibo

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Some of my buddies are ranting about the razer copperhead, dpi is on par with the g5 and he sais its the best hes used. As for a keyboard, theyre all the same, including the g15, cept for the ones with scissor keys. they have a better response time, due to their lower profile, they look like a laptop keyboard. they also come in an illuminated version. Auravision has some good quality ones, although there are some dirt cheap ones made by i-rocks.

crazywheels

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
the best gaming mouse is the logitech g7, wireless and works flawlessly and no lag what so ever., and i have a logitech keyboard nothing to fancy along with the flexiglow cybersnipa keypad and the cyber snipa works along side with the any keyboard. all i can say about this combination awesome!!

Reiyu

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2006
I use one of these keyboards, its pretty good because it has connections for my headset right on the keyboard and it has a usb port on the other side in case i wanna hook up a gamepad or joystick to it or some other usb device

kls-7mu-1b.gif

kls-7mu-2b.gif

kls-7mu-3b.gif

homepage

Edit: it seems newegg has it on their site for $14

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16823141119

sprite

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Surely for gaming the keyboard doesn't really matter that much ? Anywho for a mouse i reccomend getting an optical wired mouse from Logitech or Microsoft.

G

:D :D :D
What are you talking about? This is what you need if you want to be a pro

http://www.razerzone.com

Yes go for the razer if you want to RMA it 3 times before you finally get a non-faulty one. I'll never buy another product from this company.

Seriously go for the logi G5/7 if you want something that actually works.

MacD911

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
I Have just got both the G5 and the G15 ...but what pisses me off is i can't yet find how to get the mouse to lean left and right .. i had the the 518 before and could use the 2 extra side buttons to lean left and right ...now I'm unsure if i want to keep the mouse as i can't change all my keys around after Ive been playing for so many years with them.1 other thing i have found wrong with the G5 is the cable its kind of sticky on the desk and i don't get sometime a free motion without having to tug it an i play competitive TWL and in a firefight it can be a little bit extra work to deal with. If anyone know how to get the G5 to lean please tell me.. :)

ecutoni

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Surely for gaming the keyboard doesn't really matter that much ? Anywho for a mouse i reccomend getting an optical wired mouse from Logitech or Microsoft.

You're wrong, for instance if you play RTS games its very important that you can hit 6-7-8-9 keys simultaneously when using shortcuts etc. This is also important with MMORPGs :wink:

To topic: The ultimate gaming mouse / keyboard combo if course is something that differs from person to person but mice like the MS 3.0 and MX510/518 are pretty common among gamers. Also the newer mice like G5 and G7 are getting more and more popular, but these require certain surfaces so it wont skip or anything like that.

Regarding the keyboard, SteelSeries is set to launch their gaming keyboard which has weighed quality over gadgets. By that i mean it should be a pretty neat keyboard and it can do 9 keystrokes at once - pretty important as i mentioned above.

amddiesel

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006

Yes go for the razer if you want to RMA it 3 times before you finally get a non-faulty one. I'll never buy another product from this company.

Im with you fluff Had a Sh#T load of problems.. Seriously guys sticky with Logitech..Razr will figure it out in a couple years

Evad_jr

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006

Funny you say that because I went through 2 G7's. My third one seems to be working OK but not sure I really like the configuration, setup, etc.

My buddies in Europe swear by Razer but I just don't like the feel of them - not enough arch support.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
Well I've got both the G7, razer boomslang (3 year old ball mouse that still works) and razer copperhead. All work great but I use the copperhead for gaming.

There isn't any lag with the G7 in terms of movement and the regular mouse buttons but when I programed that little one on the left to "r" for reload in fps games it only worked half the time.