UV Round cable recommendations

Herr_Fritz

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
I'm looking to replace all my cables with UV reactive round ones. The questions are what color, and what brand? The Tai-chi case I have is mostly silver with some black accents, and all of the case fans (4) are blue LEDs. Think I should just stick with UV blue cables, or would an accent color look nice as well? I'd really like to be able to get all the cables I need from one manufacturer, for uniform color.

Thanks in advance,

Fritz

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
It can be expensive replacing all your cables. So instead try them cable sleeving kits. They from several colors, looks, and diameters and they cost a lot cheaper than the actual cables. Trust me, you'll get the same results with less expense.

The only thing you would need replacing would be them ugly huge ribbons, assuming you're still using ribbons. Yes, replace them with round cables for better air circulation and better asthetics. :D

Sleeving kits:

http://www.crazypc.com/products/casemods/cablemng.htm

Round cables:

http://www.crazypc.com/products/cableswires/roundcables.htm#roundide

yourmothersanastronaut

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
With a system like yours, I wouldn't worry too much about the added cost of new cables. Besides, sleeving takes a long time, and can look bad if the heatshrink isn't applied correctly (e.g. not using enough controlled heat to shrink the material, etc.)

Newegg has bunches of UV Round cables from Thermaltake, Link Depot, etc, in different lengths. I wouldn't worry about a lack of variety.

Herr_Fritz

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
No, I'm not really too worried about the added cost of new cables. What I am worried about is the asthetics. Yeah the rounded cables will be better for airflow, but I want looks too.

Anyone out there absolutly LOVE the look of their UV cables? What about them makes you say that? Opaque vs. translucent? Is there wire mesh shielding, and does it look spiffy with a translucent cable?

I don't have a retail outlet where I can go browsing, and find the perfect item so I ask here, to get the opinions of all the Tom's Forumz members. I have high regard for most of the advice given here. Read : most, heh there are bovine-scatologists everywhere.

Anyway, modders out there give me some feedback.

Fritz

btw: thanks Chuckshissle, I found some UV reactive Molex/ATX connectors on crazypc.com that will definately be making their way into my rig when I install my final choice of new cables. (can anyone say project?)