Sign in with
Your question

what type of laptop hdd connection is this?

Last response: in Motherboards
May 29, 2006 2:52:05 AM
May 29, 2006 9:19:35 AM

I could remember it wrong but it could be the new type where you attach a special cable depending on if the harddisk you use is a P-ATA or S-ATA. The harddisk is then attached to the other end of the cable.
May 29, 2006 9:32:41 AM

the laptop was produced in 2002
Related resources
May 29, 2006 9:40:29 AM

on mine the flat connector can be removed to expose a 40 pin P-ATA connector. but yours seems to be built into the drive itself. but i'd say that its P-ATA
May 29, 2006 11:01:28 AM

this is the connection on the mobo
May 29, 2006 12:09:19 PM

Actually.. its just a PATA connection. But your laptop HDD comes with a bracket which will have a dongle or connector which converts it to this interface. However almost all major laptop manufacturers use this kind of connectors. No one install the bare HDD in the laptop. a bracket is somewhat mandatory.
May 30, 2006 12:41:09 AM

i've removed the hdd bracket temporarily. Specifically, what adaption do i need???
May 30, 2006 8:52:44 AM

From your questions I take it that you don't have the original drive that came with it? Maybe if you post the model of your laptop someone might have a photo for you. You should go talk to your manufacturer to see if you can get a replacement adaptor. I doubt that resellers would have it.
May 31, 2006 5:23:58 PM

Quote:
Actually.. its just a PATA connection. But your laptop HDD comes with a bracket which will have a dongle or connector which converts it to this interface. However almost all major laptop manufacturers use this kind of connectors. No one install the bare HDD in the laptop. a bracket is somewhat mandatory.

Yes that's right! It's a 44pin PATA IDE interface.

The mounting bracket most likely has this type of connector / adapter which then plugs into the back of the 2.5" 44pin PATA IDE notebook HDD.

So you just need to find the right bracket with the adapter.

What is the exact name and model of the laptop?
June 1, 2006 3:19:22 AM

Quote:
its called an edge connector. you have to get an adapter that fits on the pins of your drive.

I'm sure the MFG sells the adapter, or it can be found online.

But we need more info to determine what kind of laptop we're talking about here.

We don't know the name or model # of the laptop because the OP did not provide it.
June 1, 2006 5:31:04 AM

model= soleil v80, made by legend/legend group.
a c 117 V Motherboard
a b D Laptop
June 1, 2006 6:17:59 AM

if u just want to copy files to and from it?
it is a PATA(dell used to use it too i think).... and u can just get this

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=17275&promoid=1026

and it will let u run the drive...and later u can use it to run normal desktop drives and cd roms too... all from usb.... no reboot :) 

hope this helps

EDIT

... i think I miss read...sorry.....did u want to find the adapter(edge connector) to put a drive in that machine?
!