Sign in with
Your question

AMD 64 bit cpu 3700 and its running @ 800 need to overclock

Last response: in Overclocking
May 29, 2006 2:52:28 AM
a b à CPUs
May 29, 2006 4:14:44 AM

and your BIOS doesn't provide any overclocking options?
May 29, 2006 4:28:17 AM

its does but it wont allow me i have all these errors in their when i try. I just want to raise multiplier and volts to what they should be...
Related resources
May 29, 2006 5:47:15 AM

Reset your bios and then give it a shot. If that dont work flash it to a newer version as that 1 you have now may not support your processor hence the slower running.
May 29, 2006 6:13:07 AM

The error in bios is Multi bit ECC error. I have tried many different versions of my bios it doesnt help and i even tried a different board and a different version of the same board. What i need is help on changing the my CPU in an overclock utility.
Here is a AMD forum on people who have been sold Egineering sample CPU's
http://forums.amd.com/index.php?showtopic=72120
They dont help on overclocking though....
May 29, 2006 7:05:37 AM

Isn't this the cool'n'quiet feature, that the cpu underclocks itself when idle?
May 29, 2006 8:32:47 AM

i disabled that, i was told its useless.
June 2, 2006 2:19:34 PM

What is your mulitplier 4?

What board are you using? There should be a option in your bios to up the multiplier to the normal 12 it should be running at.

If your bios can't handle the job then I'm not so sure that any software program could do any better.

Where did you buy this from? Who would sell you something like this???
June 3, 2006 12:34:57 AM

Pc Chips ....

theres your problem

horrible motherboard
a c 111 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b À AMD
June 3, 2006 12:56:35 AM

For the hell of it....try to install the Cool N Quiet driver. maybe the board foreced it on anyway.

Step 1 - Get Cool n Quiet Driver Here!!!!
Step 2 - Reboot (not sure if u need to....so long since i installed that thing)
Step 3 - Make sure u select minimal Power Managment under Display Properties => Screen Saver =>Power (the new driver may do it for you :)  )
Step 4 - Grab CPU-Z here!!!
Step 5 - Install it :)  run it (will say 800mzh)
Step 6 - Load the computer up to see if it changes (use Winamp AVS, ATI Tool or encode a video/audio)
Step 7 - Let us know what happened

Now that thats over. Cool n Quiet is not a bad thing at all. but if u have cool n quiet on in the bios (just maybe the board forces it on with unknown cpus) and do not have the driver setup you will get locked at 800(or 1000 on some) with the old cool n quiet drivers.

in the mean time i will grab the boards manual to see what i can find (in general ECS does not have much in the way of over clocking tho)

Hope this helps
a c 111 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b À AMD
June 3, 2006 1:12:16 AM

Just read the manual.... There is not way to change the multi(not that i have seen). just as i thought. u can ramp the FSB (i dont sugest in, u have no PCI/AGP lock)

Got my fingers crossed that the cool n quiet will fix it....

@ uber_g - My K7S5A has been going strong for about 5 years :) 
no pc chips/ecs probs here, in fact my Asus was FAR worse for glitches (no post,via sata issues and card causing it to not boot.... i had to back step 3 revisions with the bios)
Not saying ECS/PC Chips is the best....but even Asus has there problems. you just need to be patient when tweaking
June 3, 2006 1:36:21 AM

Tried installing it but it was already installed. I have installed all of the AMD drivers already. as for the power scheme it was already set to that.
a c 111 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b À AMD
June 3, 2006 3:26:00 AM

did u try loading it(and running cpu-z?) to see if it was just cool n quiet. or try setting to always on in power and see what it does?
June 3, 2006 4:45:31 AM

Quote:

@ uber_g - My K7S5A has been going strong for about 5 years :) 
no pc chips/ecs probs here, in fact my Asus was FAR worse for glitches (no post,via sata issues and card causing it to not boot.... i had to back step 3 revisions with the bios)
Not saying ECS/PC Chips is the best....but even Asus has there problems. you just need to be patient when tweaking

:/ 

yay ?
a c 111 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b À AMD
June 3, 2006 5:34:00 AM

more like WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
June 3, 2006 7:32:06 PM

no ....
January 31, 2008 7:46:23 AM

wow not sure if this question was ever answered i read alot of the responses couldnt even follow some of them and others seemed to have no relevance at all but if the original poster id still looking and for anyone else looking for an answer take a look here ^_~

http://www.cpuheat.wz.cz/html/CPUMSR_main.htm

with this tool you can set the multiplier on ALL Athlon chips ive tried it on ..not in the bios of the motherboard but in the chips bios erm i think im not a tech..from what ive seen you can even call a 3200 chip 3700 if you plz you can name it yamama lol tc hope this helps ya all ^_~
*if the above link is not visible google ---> cpumsr
!