AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+

ThE_FraNchisE

Distinguished
May 21, 2006
I just put together a new machine.
I ran 3dmark06 and only received a 3913, a score far too low for my system which includes:

2gb corsair xms ram
xfx 7900 GT
KN8 SLI mobo
120 GB SATA HD

The lowest score I received was on the CPU test where I only received a score of about 800. Someone PLEASE help me figure out what is wrong and why my CPU is under performing by so much.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
I just put together a new machine.
I ran 3dmark06 and only received a 3913, a score far too low for my system which includes:

2gb corsair xms ram
xfx 7900 GT
KN8 SLI mobo
120 GB SATA HD

The lowest score I received was on the CPU test where I only received a score of about 800. Someone PLEASE help me figure out what is wrong and why my CPU is under performing by so much.

Also make sure you turn off all unnecessary services , and apps that are

running in the background. Windows XP is silly with the # of services

that automatically startup. I only have 14 services running in task

manager, at idle. I have the printer on my wives PC , for less printer

"bloat" and spooler service. :wink: GL :)

moparman390

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2006
A 3DMark06 score of about 4000 with that setup is not too low depending on your settings. Mine was about 4500 when I had the single 7900GT KO before I went to two 7900GT KOs in SLI. The 4500 was with AA and AF turned on as high as it would go, so if you are running the same settings you should expect about that score (yours should be lower then mine as I have a 4400+ OCed to 2.4GHz). Expect to get a higher score with the AA and AF settings off. 3DMark06 is a very, very demanding test, especially in the CPU test. There could be background apps slowing your system down, higher AA and AF settings making your score lower or it could just be the Pine Technologies (Pine is a bottom of the barrel, low end PC components maker that uses the alias XFX to hide their true name, manufacturer) video card that is slowing things down and making your score lower. But it's probably just 3Dmark06 being very demanding.