GREGORY

Since the Williamsport (KIPT) landing reply screencap sequence is
still hosted on the webspace.. lets see that even when secondary
view.. ' [ ' key is enabled.. the replay runs smoothly.

http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/KIPT_short-final.jpg (322k)

It demonstrates the kind of clouds possible on low-end box.. and also
AutoGen trees of the smallest filesize. Secondary view is set for
Cockpit and usually 4x Mag. Smoke in last frame is disrupted due to
slight screen cap pause. Was off course in 1st frame.. and turned left
(added power) in 2nd frame to correct. Otherwise.. Nice Landing!!

Replays run ok.. and notice the landing is essentially direct into the
sunset. Red skies at night mean???? good weather tomorrow?

-G

crash

Gregory wrote:
> sunset. Red skies at night mean???? good weather tomorrow?

Probably that it's still an hour before sunset, and your blue gun is going
out in the CRT... <G>

how do you get the engine smoke?!?! thats a cool effect!!! :)

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb

"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message

> Since the Williamsport (KIPT) landing reply screencap sequence is
> still hosted on the webspace.. lets see that even when secondary
> view.. ' [ ' key is enabled.. the replay runs smoothly.
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/KIPT_short-final.jpg (322k)
>

> It demonstrates the kind of clouds possible on low-end box.. and also
> AutoGen trees of the smallest filesize. Secondary view is set for
> Cockpit and usually 4x Mag. Smoke in last frame is disrupted due to
> slight screen cap pause. Was off course in 1st frame.. and turned left
> (added power) in 2nd frame to correct. Otherwise.. Nice Landing!!
>
> Replays run ok.. and notice the landing is essentially direct into the
> sunset. Red skies at night mean???? good weather tomorrow?
>

> -G

GREGORY

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:45:54 +0100, "Adam Webb"
<adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> brought the following to our
attention:

>how do you get the engine smoke?!?! thats a cool effect!!! :)

Really are you asking? it's defined in Aircraft.cfg
Modern engines produce no smoke (to speak of)
since the engines are of advanced design and
burn fuel efficiently. The Smoke section is:

[Smokesystem]
smoke.0 = 2.40, -125.5, -9.3, fx_727smoke
smoke.1 = 1.60, -140.5, 0.0, fx_727smoke
smoke.2 = 2.40, -125.5, 9.3, fx_727smoke

....and turn it on/off with the [ i ] key.

-g

there still are a few old planes flying around Europe that smoke like those
B52's....hehe

Hell theres even some 737's with the "old" type of engines... you know, them
Ear drum bursting engines? Not the turbo fan type....

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb

> On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:45:54 +0100, "Adam Webb"
> <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> brought the following to our
> attention:
>
>>how do you get the engine smoke?!?! thats a cool effect!!! :)
>
> Really are you asking? it's defined in Aircraft.cfg
> Modern engines produce no smoke (to speak of)
> since the engines are of advanced design and
> burn fuel efficiently. The Smoke section is:
>
> [Smokesystem]
> smoke.0 = 2.40, -125.5, -9.3, fx_727smoke
> smoke.1 = 1.60, -140.5, 0.0, fx_727smoke
> smoke.2 = 2.40, -125.5, 9.3, fx_727smoke
>
> ...and turn it on/off with the [ i ] key.
>
> -g

GREGORY

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:31:23 +0100, "Adam Webb"
<adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> brought the following:

>there still are a few old planes flying around Europe that smoke like those B52's....hehe
>
>Hell theres even some 737's with the "old" type of engines... you know, them
>Ear drum bursting engines? Not the turbo fan type....

You mean the 737-200 aircraft with Pratt & Whitney JT8D engines. They
didn't smoke as much as the earlier generation engines and were main
line equipment in the transport industry back in my generation -- the
'70s and '80s.

Now if someone could describe under what conditions the smoke should
appear? FF > some pph? N1 > some % what about some ALT and MN?
Add this to the `effects' wish list.. and we want a `heat trail' too!!

-G

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=G-CEAC&distinct_entry=true

That type... Ever heard one of those? Jesus it makes a formula one car sound
quiet.
--
From Overlag - Adam Webb

"Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
> there still are a few old planes flying around Europe that smoke like
> those B52's....hehe
>
> Hell theres even some 737's with the "old" type of engines... you know,
> them Ear drum bursting engines? Not the turbo fan type....
>
> --
> From Overlag - Adam Webb
>

> "Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:45:54 +0100, "Adam Webb"
>> <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> brought the following to our
>> attention:
>>
>>>how do you get the engine smoke?!?! thats a cool effect!!! :)
>>
>> Really are you asking? it's defined in Aircraft.cfg
>> Modern engines produce no smoke (to speak of)
>> since the engines are of advanced design and
>> burn fuel efficiently. The Smoke section is:
>>
>> [Smokesystem]
>> smoke.0 = 2.40, -125.5, -9.3, fx_727smoke
>> smoke.1 = 1.60, -140.5, 0.0, fx_727smoke
>> smoke.2 = 2.40, -125.5, 9.3, fx_727smoke
>>
>> ...and turn it on/off with the [ i ] key.
>>
>> -g

GREGORY

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:42:18 +0100, "Adam Webb"
<adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> brought the following:

>http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=G-CEAC&distinct_entry=true
>
>That type... Ever heard [of] one of those?

oh you bet [I have]!! IIRC the P&W plant is just down the road from
here.. and literally too.. ever stand just outside the fence with a
732 taking off (zooming) overhead??

It's an ear-splitting, screaming roar... followed by a deep rumble..
those were the days.

-G

GREGORY

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:39:22 +0100, "Adam Webb"
<adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> brought the following:

>However it was even worse later.... Due to the noise, it couldnt take off
>the same way it landed, it had to take off straight out to sea again.
>Sitting there in silence, wondering why nothing was taking off/landing in
>normal direction, then that thing blasted over our heads.... ive never felt
>so sick!
>
>http://www.ajwebb.eclipse.co.uk/Pictures/hol/lanzarote/P1201193%20(Large).JPG

yep.. that's the animal.. they used to come out of O'Hare 32L where
we'd be viewing along the fence almost inline with the Rwy, in a one
or two store industrial park setting.. almost needed ear protection!!

I think it's ok for 727's to make a racket.. however the 732's seemed
much worse.. that is for the size of em'.. :)

-G

> Now if someone could describe under what conditions the smoke should
> appear? FF > some pph? N1 > some % what about some ALT and MN?
> Add this to the `effects' wish list.. and we want a `heat trail' too!!

maybe for FS10? :)

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb

"Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in

> there still are a few old planes flying around Europe that smoke like
> those B52's....hehe
>
> Hell theres even some 737's with the "old" type of engines... you
> know, them Ear drum bursting engines? Not the turbo fan type....

Thrust reversers are diverters that blow the smoke on the fuselage. I
remember the old Canadian Airlines' 737 with blackened paint. Makes one
heck of a noise when you sit by 'em. For the "virgin" flyers that see
it, looks like parts are falling off. You just don't expect these big
gates to move soo fast !

--
e v e n S k y

Athalon XP2800