Whatch out, Irans gone stealth!

http://arstechnica.com/business/2013/02/world-trembles-in-confusion-andor-fear-at-irans-fiberglass-airplane/

Now, the question is, is it real stealth, or that no one really wants to look at it?

Also, exclusive of engineer creating and devving new stealth
cubancomp.jpg

wanamingo

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
The target audience isnt other countries, Im sure our intelligence people have all had a good laugh.

Their target is the uneducated masses in Iran, they get their base all worked up over this, then their base (Who are all on the western net) go online and see that teh rhetoric is getting a reaction from our media and then they spin it as the western world being afraid of their fancy toy plane.

They are like N. Korea 2.0.

The link's gone now. It was part of foxnews.com's story on the announcement. I'll see if I can track it down.

Edit: I found a video, not the one I saw earlier, but the flying portion is the same. Scroll the page down to get to the video. The flying portion is at 1:28-1:45. It's very poor quality video but it doesn't look anything like a full size plane in flight.

http://defensetech.org/2013/02/04/irans-new-stealth-jet-or-is-it/

Aside from the fact that the plane is about 1/4 scale and wouldn't be big enough to pack more than 50 litres of fuel and a 500 lb thrust jet engine.

Flight time would be just over 17 mins and the pilot would only be able to take 2 mars bars and a bottle of water.

There might be room underneath to mount a couple of pods to drop poisoned MnM's or Maltesers ...

Can't fool smart geeks ... when will these people learn that only price of freedom is the inconvenience the truth presents when your clearly trying to tell lies.

Mind you it looks nice but the Russkies toyed with a similar main wing design and discarded it 15 years ago due to drag at high speed, and inability to engeneer enough strenth into the lagging edge of the wing (for both a fixed and retractable design).

Tools ...

:)