Is it or me or is this so?

sailer

Splendid
Having an ATI card in one machine and an Nvidia in the other, I can only suggest that is depends on the game and the setting you use for the cards. Some games optimise for Nvidia, others for ATI. Wish there was a common standard so that you could compare on the cards themselves, rather than which one the software companies optimised the game for.

cleeve

Illustrious
We're not really talking 'optimizations' here, there's no framerate difference, it's just how each driver is rasterizing the image.

For the most part, the rasterizers will deliver an image close to reference, but in some cases certain games will rasterize differently on ATI/Nvidia machines. You can see it in screenshots, some games have a remarkable difference.

Serious Sam 2 & Oblivion are examples of this. The resulting images are very different, but it's hard to say which is 'right' or 'wrong' unless you have a DirectX reference rasterized image to compare it with.

HA_ZEE

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2006
In general I have seen a better picture with the ATI cards. I have used the TI4200, 6800, 9800 PRO, X850XT and the X1900XT (not in that order). The picture always seemed to be a slight bit better with the ATI in my experience (Crimson Skies, Battlefield 1942, COD2 and Battlefield 2)

G

Oh ffs!

Why do people post things like that?

And why do you people reply to it? He could have browsed the forumz.

What is wrong here? Why are people so dense... :?