keng

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2004

Hello & Thanks in advance.

I have a laptop which I just recently installed WinXP Pro
from WinXp Home. I installed SP2 recently. I cannot
access the Help & Support Center on this computer. I get
the following messages below when I try to access Help &
Support below:

WINDOWS CANNOT OPEN HELP AND SUPPORT BECAUSE A SYSTEM
SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING.

TO FIX THIS PROBLEM, START THE SERVICE NAMED "HELP AND
SUPPORT".

When I try to start the service I get the following
message:

COULD NOT START THE HELP AND SUPPORT ON LOCAL COMPUTER.

ERROR 1083:
THE EXECUTABLE PROGRAM THAT THIS SERVICE IS CONFIGURED TO
RUN IN DOES NOT IMPLEMENT THE SERVICE.

HELP !!
KenG

Hi

See if the following link to Kelly's web site helps:

"Why doesn't Help and Support work?"

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"KenG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello & Thanks in advance.
>
> I have a laptop which I just recently installed WinXP Pro
> from WinXp Home. I installed SP2 recently. I cannot
> access the Help & Support Center on this computer. I get
> the following messages below when I try to access Help &
> Support below:
>
> WINDOWS CANNOT OPEN HELP AND SUPPORT BECAUSE A SYSTEM
> SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING.
>
> TO FIX THIS PROBLEM, START THE SERVICE NAMED "HELP AND
> SUPPORT".
>
> When I try to start the service I get the following
> message:
>
> COULD NOT START THE HELP AND SUPPORT ON LOCAL COMPUTER.
>
> ERROR 1083:
> THE EXECUTABLE PROGRAM THAT THIS SERVICE IS CONFIGURED TO
> RUN IN DOES NOT IMPLEMENT THE SERVICE.
>
> HELP !!
> KenG

keng