Interesting , dangerous flight plans?

Hi all,
Its that time of the year when I would be interested to hear any info about
about any interesting, dangerous or stimulating sim flights you have had
recently.

I am a bit bored with my flights.

Rubix
11 answers Last reply
More about interesting dangerous flight plans

    There was until recently a website with the sort of information after which
    you hanker called dangerousairports.com I believe it has now gone but
    others mat know of its new location.
    Meanwhile have a look here for the thrills you seek
    http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/feature/courch.htm

    "Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > Its that time of the year when I would be interested to hear any info
    > about about any interesting, dangerous or stimulating sim flights you
    > have had recently.
    >
    > I am a bit bored with my flights.
    >

    > Rubix

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 01:15:22 +0100, "Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk>
    brought the following to our attention:

    >Hi all,
    >Its that time of the year when I would be interested to hear any info about
    >about any interesting, dangerous or stimulating sim flights you have had
    >recently.
    >
    >I am a bit bored with my flights.
    >

    >Rubix

    here's one.. are you a GA simmer? or jets?

    for Jets.. how about Medford Oregon USA approach from the south.
    Here's a view of Medford (and valley).. left departure from Runway 32.

    http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/Medford.jpg (369k)

    It's not so easy.. there's some Magnetic North concerns (or perhaps I
    was confused). Careful with clearing terrain to the south.. now add
    clouds.. there's just about enough time and space to clear the ridge
    and descend to the field. There's some offset involved too. Here's the
    Back Course approach plate and my `Visual' sketched in (yellow trace).

    http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/KMFR-BC_vis.gif

    now try to make a custom FSNav approach plan with ALTs.. better yet
    make up some FSNav closed traffic files.. from outside ASHIE. There
    are 6,000 ft terrain contours around there. If you're in-route from
    the south.. see Mt. Shasta (EL 14,162 ft) there 10mi east of Weed,
    California.

    -G

    p.s. if you don't know what you're doing (like me) it's a challenge..

    Get into a GA aircraft. Slew up to 3,000 ft unslew, and turn upside down.
    Let go of all the controls and see if you can get out of it before you
    crash?
    This is fun IRL and would be fun in the sim!

    Sincerely Quilljar

    'Fly Navy, sail Air Force and shoot Pongoes'

    wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >Its that time of the year when I would be interested to hear any info about
    >about any interesting, dangerous or stimulating sim flights you have had
    >recently.
    >
    >I am a bit bored with my flights.
    >

    >Rubix

    Go to http://www.battleoftheairlines.org/
    You can download the various planes and race segment scenery and
    flightplans.
    Each years race consists of 8 legs, using planes of many types,
    including a helicopter. 1 week each, post your best time. This is not
    online, you install & fly the legs on your own time & convenience,
    They are very interesting and challenging. 2 years ago the final leg
    was a trip to the moon. (FS2002) They have done this for FREE for the
    last several years. I have participated as part of Livewire Airlines
    team. You can also fly the race freelance, but flying with a team is
    best for exploring and using all the strategies that are available to
    get the best times. The actual race is awesome, compelling, addicting
    and insane! Great stuff if you have 8 weeks to spend going crazy!

    Try http://www.fsdestinations.com/

    See also the first link in my signature -- lots of ideas there.

    In article <430a6a9e$0$22919$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net>,
    chessmaster@gmx.co.uk (Rubix) wrote:

    > *From:* "Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk>
    > *Date:* Tue, 23 Aug 2005 01:15:22 +0100
    >
    > Hi all,
    > Its that time of the year when I would be interested to hear any info
    > about about any interesting, dangerous or stimulating sim flights you
    > have had recently.
    >
    > I am a bit bored with my flights.
    >

    > Rubix

    Join Vatsim and experience ATC that is as real as you are! Try a mass
    fly-in either IFR or VFR. Or a real-ops night, where we try to faithfully
    recreate that evenings real operations at a particular airport. Or fly to
    another country and talk to controllers who really do come from that
    country, and you have to fly according to the proper procedures and not
    MSFS default.

    Ruth McTighe
    Deputy Director, VATSIM-UK
    www.vatsim.net
    www.vatsim-uk.org

    >> *From:* "Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk>
    >> *Date:* Tue, 23 Aug 2005 01:15:22 +0100
    >>
    >> Hi all,
    >> Its that time of the year when I would be interested to hear any info
    >> about about any interesting, dangerous or stimulating sim flights you
    >> have had recently.
    >>
    >> I am a bit bored with my flights.
    >>

    >> Rubix

    Go fetch yourself a nice fighter or business jet and chase an AI
    aircraft from takeoff to landing.

    It's not as easy as it sounds ;-))

    -=tom=-

    "Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk> wrote in

    > Hi all,
    > Its that time of the year when I would be interested to hear any info
    > about about any interesting, dangerous or stimulating sim flights you
    > have had recently.
    >
    > I am a bit bored with my flights.
    >

    > Rubix

    CAR3 to CYPS in a C172!

    En route, do not go above 3,000 feet. In other words, get to your
    destination a/p through valleys and not over the top.

    If you are adventurous (and who isn't ;) ), config weather with low, 3500'
    ceiling, light rain and gusty winds. Take off at dawn. Try this flight
    with limited viewing of the terrain on your GPS/Map. Or, just use GPS w/o
    terrain to let you know that you are at least going in the right direction.

    I've found three different routes to get there. Flying the lakes is the
    easy one.

    And if you do not succeed, try, try again !

    --
    e v e n S k y

    Athalon XP2800
    1 G Ram
    GeForce FX5900XT
    160G H-D
    80G H-D
    XP, FS9
    Wingman Strike force 3D
    CH yoke n' pedals

    Arthur Dent wrote:
    > There was until recently a website with the sort of information after which
    > you hanker called dangerousairports.com I believe it has now gone but
    > others mat know of its new location.
    > Meanwhile have a look here for the thrills you seek
    > http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/feature/courch.htm
    >

    > "Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi all,
    >>Its that time of the year when I would be interested to hear any info
    >>about about any interesting, dangerous or stimulating sim flights you
    >>have had recently.
    >>
    >>I am a bit bored with my flights.
    >>

    >>Rubix

    All of Mike Dougherty's Dangerous Approaches can be downloaded from:

    http://www.fsimcafe.com/Library/ShowCurrent.aspx?CategoryID=23

    evenSky wrote:

    > "Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk> wrote in
    >

    >>Hi all,
    >>Its that time of the year when I would be interested to hear any info
    >>about about any interesting, dangerous or stimulating sim flights you
    >>have had recently.
    >>
    >>I am a bit bored with my flights.
    >>

    >>Rubix

    Check "gray and rainy" or if adventurous, choose "Major Thunderstorm"

    Plop your aircraft down somewhere in the mountains. (ala pin the tail on
    the donkey)

    Use the GPS as a moving map.

    Try to navigate to an airfield at least 50 miles away.

    NOTE: If you pick an aircraft with a high stall speed, you're flirting
    with danger.

    http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=noe01.jpg

    > CAR3 to CYPS in a C172!
    >
    > En route, do not go above 3,000 feet. In other words, get to your
    > destination a/p through valleys and not over the top.
    >
    > If you are adventurous (and who isn't ;) ), config weather with low, 3500'
    > ceiling, light rain and gusty winds. Take off at dawn. Try this flight
    > with limited viewing of the terrain on your GPS/Map. Or, just use GPS w/o
    > terrain to let you know that you are at least going in the right direction.
    >
    > I've found three different routes to get there. Flying the lakes is the
    > easy one.
    >
    > And if you do not succeed, try, try again !

    --

    boB,
    SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    boB <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> wrote in

    > evenSky wrote:
    >
    >> "Rubix" <chessmaster@gmx.co.uk> wrote in
    >>

    >>>Hi all,
    >>>Its that time of the year when I would be interested to hear any info
    >>>about about any interesting, dangerous or stimulating sim flights
    >>>you have had recently.
    >>>
    >>>I am a bit bored with my flights.
    >>>

    >>>Rubix
    >

    > Check "gray and rainy" or if adventurous, choose "Major Thunderstorm"
    >
    > Plop your aircraft down somewhere in the mountains. (ala pin the tail
    > on the donkey)
    >
    > Use the GPS as a moving map.
    >
    > Try to navigate to an airfield at least 50 miles away.
    >
    > NOTE: If you pick an aircraft with a high stall speed, you're
    > flirting with danger.
    >
    > http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=noe01.jpg
    >

    >> CAR3 to CYPS in a C172!
    >>
    >> En route, do not go above 3,000 feet. In other words, get to your
    >> destination a/p through valleys and not over the top.
    >>
    >> If you are adventurous (and who isn't ;) ), config weather with low,
    >> 3500' ceiling, light rain and gusty winds. Take off at dawn. Try
    >> this flight with limited viewing of the terrain on your GPS/Map. Or,
    >> just use GPS w/o terrain to let you know that you are at least going
    >> in the right direction.
    >>
    >> I've found three different routes to get there. Flying the lakes is
    >> the easy one.
    >>
    >> And if you do not succeed, try, try again !

    Whats the prize if you get out?

    --
    e v e n S k y

    Athalon XP2800