Asus Intros Taichi, Vivo Tab RT and More at NYC Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Must admit I like a lot of the things Asus is putting out, just wish I had the money for some of these toys. What can I say I like the idea of having a tablet and and laptop thrown together like this if it is done right. Even the one with the tegra 3 running windowsRT 8 has office which should put it in a league of it's own in terms of actual use for taking notes compared to what Android/Ipads have been using in terms of tablets.

frombehind

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
hmm, Q2 2013 release date on the Asus transformer... this is exactly the windows 8 product that I was waiting for. Woulda been nice to get it by Christmas though =]

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
[citation][nom]chuckydb[/nom]The Taichi really has my interest!!!!!!!!!!!![/citation]

You read my mind, but I'll probably skip the first gen and look forward to second gen.
I love the idea of tablet and laptop in one(keyboards are very important for me). They should reduce the weight and the thickness of the whole machine so that it can be use as a tablet for an extended period of time.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
While the Asus VivoTab RT sounds great, I'm sad they didn't keep the Transformer Pad Infinity resolution 1200p going. The only improvement I see are the RAM (by 1 gb, which is nice)... but the price being $100 more seems steep for getting less than their android predecessor. I have the Pad Infinity and was looking forward to a possible Windows 8 RT upgrade by ASUS but doesn't seem worth it now. Oh well, JellyBean has been great for me so far. Maybe next round ASUS :)

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]frombehind[/nom]hmm, Q2 2013 release date on the Asus transformer... this is exactly the windows 8 product that I was waiting for. Woulda been nice to get it by Christmas though =][/citation]
Agreed. Seems interesting.

bander143

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
I already have the Taichi coming on Saturday or Monday. As a saleman it is great for a presentation. As a techie I think it is a great toy. Also getting the Enegizer power source 18000 ma as I know the battery life could be better...... Will let you know soon.......

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I really don't find any of these impressive because all but 1 are hamstringed by Intel IGP. Its the failure of all thin notebooks and tablets today. Right now the processor is not as important as the GPU in this form factor.

sonofliberty08

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]I really don't find any of these impressive because all but 1 are hamstringed by Intel IGP. Its the failure of all thin notebooks and tablets today. Right now the processor is not as important as the GPU in this form factor.[/citation]
Intel IGP = Integrated Garbage Product

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts