How do I overclock my video card?? PLEASE HELP

BillGates

Distinguished
May 27, 2006
How do I overclock this card, somebody told me a program on EVGA's website but I can't find it. My card is an EVGA 6800 GS

razvanstroiu

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
I used the program Nibitor to edit the bios at my Sparkle 6600 (standard GPU 300 Mem 500).
I increased the clock to 500, mem to 600 and I activated the temperature monitoring (it was disabled).
Then saved to a file and with a program called Nvflash - I downloaded it in ISO format then I put it on a floppy disk and added the modified bios file.
After that I boot form floppy disk and "updated" the bios.

:!: If you are not familiar with those things DO NOT DO THIS. You could PERMANENTLY DAMAGE your video card. However if you are and you do this you can modify most setings for and save them to bios - more driver level overclocking.

:idea: You can do a hard moding to - increasing the voltage but I do not have the know how (this is to much for me) - DANGER :wink:

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
I use coolbits but coolbits2 gives a better option and you cant harm the video card unless you decide to go insane with the ocing easier to use than rivatuner and most of the stuff in riva is never used