Adding Groom Lake - Area 51

In FS9/2004, I'm trying to add the
addon scenery for Groom Lake.

The install notes suggest -

3.) copy the "groom_lake_AFD.bgl" to your FS2002
SCENEDB\AFDFILES\SCENERY folder. This is so that
this scenery will show up in your airport directory.

There obviously is no such folder in FS2004.

I have the scenery loaded ok. It shows up when
I fly or slew to it. But I can't choose it
as a destination airport.

How do I get that addon airport to show up
in the airports list?

Thanks -

Lumpy
--
In Your Ears for 40 Years
http://www.lumpymusic.com

"Lumpy" <lumpy@digitalcartography.com> wrote in message
> In FS9/2004, I'm trying to add the
> addon scenery for Groom Lake.

Can you give me a Lat/Long for that place? I was going to see if you can
see the facility on Google Earth.

Si

Simon Robbins wrote:
> Can you give me a Lat/Long for that place?
> I was going to see if
> you can see the facility on Google Earth.

Sure. Google Earth shows the complex incredibly
well. The sat photos were recently upgraded,
within the last couple of months.

37º 15.1N, 115º 49.0W

And here's some panorama photos of the same
thing, looking from the east. Click on each
of the photos to open a hi-rez photo with
text captions of each of the structures.
http://www.dreamlandresort.com/area51/panorama_0805.html

Lumpy
--
Linus Digs Lucy
http://www.digitalcartography.com/LinLucy.mp3

> Sure. Google Earth shows the complex incredibly
> well. The sat photos were recently upgraded,
> within the last couple of months.
>
> 37º 15.1N, 115º 49.0W

Thanks.

Si