cpu wont run at proper speed!

crunchy_strike

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
Hi, I just noticed today in System Propertiest that my AMD 2800+ BARTON was running at 1225MHZ when it really supposed to be running at 2.2GHZ.
Here are my specs:
-AMD 2800+ BARTON
-ASUS A7N8X
-1 GIG OF RAM

Can somone tell me how to fix this problem?

crunchy_strike

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
would somone frigging help me already, i have been looking on forums all day, and haven't found one normal plain answer, that tells me step by step what to do...

doublehelix

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2005
would somone frigging help me already, i have been looking on forums all day, and haven't found one normal plain answer, that tells me step by step what to do...

Ask a little nicer and maybe someone will help...
Here's a hint: Disable Cool 'n' Quiet

MrCommunistGen

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2005
It sounds like you're probably running the FSB at the wrong frequency as xnex7 was saying. Its *possible* that you've lowered the CPU multiplier, but very unlikely from what little I know of the situation.

-mcg

G

Posting twice and asking in this way won't help you get an answer...

edwuave

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006

Ask a little nicer and maybe someone will help...
Here's a hint: Disable Cool 'n' Quiet

wat?Barton with cool 'n quiet?it just like saying pentium 3 got 64bit.

edwuave

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006

the way u post is some what rude. sorry cant help you. blame ur attitude for that.

dliberate

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
Perhaps if you could download CPU-Z and find out what multiplier and what FSB you are currently running we could help more.

doublehelix

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2005
First off the socket A's lack C'n'Q and second of all the XP2800+ Barton runs at 2.08ghz with an FSB of 333 and a multiplier of 12.

Ahh my bad, was tired and he was rude in asking. Wasn't payin attention to the Barton core...