slight computer mechanical hard drive type noise coming fr..

It seems that when I have the headset connected, sometimes I hear hard
drive type noise, but out of the speakers/headphones, not very loud,
but enough to be annoying. How do I get rid of it? It is because my
volume is set too high?
3 answers Last reply
More about slight computer mechanical hard drive type noise coming

    >It seems that when I have the headset connected, sometimes I hear hard
    >drive type noise, but out of the speakers/headphones, not very loud,
    >but enough to be annoying. How do I get rid of it? It is because my
    >volume is set too high?

    It just happened with the headset removed, so...

    Tim923 wrote:
    >>It seems that when I have the headset connected, sometimes I hear hard
    >>drive type noise, but out of the speakers/headphones, not very loud,
    >>but enough to be annoying. How do I get rid of it? It is because my
    >>volume is set too high?
    >

    > It just happened with the headset removed, so...

    I had a computer a few years ago, that had a similar low level
    background rumbling noise. The motherboard had a VIA chipset built in
    audio. I finally disabled that in BIOS, and installed a real sound card.
    It was quiet as could be after that. Good luck.

    --
    Art Jackson W4TOY Owensboro, KY USA
    Life is God's open book test. In order to pass,

    >I had a computer a few years ago, that had a similar low level
    >background rumbling noise. The motherboard had a VIA chipset built in
    >audio. I finally disabled that in BIOS, and installed a real sound card.
    >It was quiet as could be after that. Good luck.

    OK, that might explain it. It is a built-in sound card.

    I'll mute all non-essential items in volume control. Sometimes that
    gets rid of hiss, etc.

VPN Computers Hard Drives Networking