slight computer mechanical hard drive type noise coming fr..

Tags:
  • VPN
  • Computers
  • Hard Drives
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
February 2, 2005 11:56:39 PM

It seems that when I have the headset connected, sometimes I hear hard
drive type noise, but out of the speakers/headphones, not very loud,
but enough to be annoying. How do I get rid of it? It is because my
volume is set too high?

More about : slight computer mechanical hard drive type noise coming

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 12:14:19 AM

>It seems that when I have the headset connected, sometimes I hear hard
>drive type noise, but out of the speakers/headphones, not very loud,
>but enough to be annoying. How do I get rid of it? It is because my
>volume is set too high?

It just happened with the headset removed, so...
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 6:20:28 AM

Tim923 wrote:
>>It seems that when I have the headset connected, sometimes I hear hard
>>drive type noise, but out of the speakers/headphones, not very loud,
>>but enough to be annoying. How do I get rid of it? It is because my
>>volume is set too high?
>

> It just happened with the headset removed, so...

I had a computer a few years ago, that had a similar low level
background rumbling noise. The motherboard had a VIA chipset built in
audio. I finally disabled that in BIOS, and installed a real sound card.
It was quiet as could be after that. Good luck.

--
Art Jackson W4TOY Owensboro, KY USA
Life is God's open book test. In order to pass,

>I had a computer a few years ago, that had a similar low level
>background rumbling noise. The motherboard had a VIA chipset built in
>audio. I finally disabled that in BIOS, and installed a real sound card.
>It was quiet as could be after that. Good luck.

OK, that might explain it. It is a built-in sound card.

I'll mute all non-essential items in volume control. Sometimes that
gets rid of hiss, etc.