Increasing Maximum Slew Speed

Hi - a rather simple question:

Is it possible to increase the maximum slew speed? I understand that it
is around 32,767knots but only 256knots for ascension and descension.
I'm speaking more of the latter speed; could I not, say increase to
about 1000knots?

Surely there must be a way via a configuration file? Also, more
specifically, is it possible to do it with certain aircraft? This would
be more appropriate.

Thanks for any help! :)

I know if you slew in top-down view and zoomed away out into space you go
extremely fast but I'm sure this is what you have already refered to. You
could try this view and press F4 to see if the ascension speed is multiplied
as well as for lateral movement. Or you could just go into map view and
edit the altitude in the aircraft position boxes to the side of map.

Ibby

"Hermit" <Hermit@forums.simradar.com> wrote in message
> Hi - a rather simple question:
>
> Is it possible to increase the maximum slew speed? I understand that it
> is around 32,767knots but only 256knots for ascension and descension.
> I'm speaking more of the latter speed; could I not, say increase to
> about 1000knots?
>
> Surely there must be a way via a configuration file? Also, more
> specifically, is it possible to do it with certain aircraft? This would
> be more appropriate.
>
> Thanks for any help! :)

I have not tried this, but does the slew speed increase if you increase the
simulation speed?

Sincerely Quilljar

'Fly Navy, sail Air Force and shoot Pongoes'

We will all be able to arrive at our destination prior to fastening our
seatbelts if that where the case.

Ibby

>I have not tried this, but does the slew speed increase if you increase the
>simulation speed?
>
> Sincerely Quilljar
>
> 'Fly Navy, sail Air Force and shoot Pongoes'

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:30:03 +0000 (UTC), Ibby (The Artist Formally Known
as Chris) wrote:

> We will all be able to arrive at our destination prior to fastening our
> seatbelts if that where the case.

LOL!!

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to flight....uhm never mind. Have a good
stay. Bye bye."

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(...travelling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy!)

ATC this is flight ENT-ERPRISE.....requesting permission to be beamed up!

Ibby

"Marcel Kuijper" <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:30:03 +0000 (UTC), Ibby (The Artist Formally Known
> as Chris) wrote:
>
>> We will all be able to arrive at our destination prior to fastening our
>> seatbelts if that where the case.
>
> LOL!!
>
> "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to flight....uhm never mind. Have a good
> stay. Bye bye."
>
> --
>
> Marcel (SAG-21)
> (...travelling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy!)

TRENDING THREADS