Changing Name of System Folders?

September 21, 2004 4:53:44 PM

Is there any way to change the name of system folders in Windows XP?
Specifically, the "Shared Documents" folder. I have a laptop that
somehow has the name as "Documents", while my other computers have the
name as "Shared Documents". (All Windows XP.)

Thanks, jimbo
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 12:17:31 AM

Hi,

1) You can't change the name of system folders.

2) The Shared doc's folder is here:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone