Changing Name of System Folders?

Is there any way to change the name of system folders in Windows XP?
Specifically, the "Shared Documents" folder. I have a laptop that
somehow has the name as "Documents", while my other computers have the
name as "Shared Documents". (All Windows XP.)

Thanks, jimbo
1 answer Last reply
More about changing system folders

    Hi,

    1) You can't change the name of system folders.

    2) The Shared doc's folder is here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "jimbo" <jimbo62@spamex.com> wrote in message
    > Is there any way to change the name of system folders in Windows XP?
    > Specifically, the "Shared Documents" folder. I have a laptop that somehow
    > has the name as "Documents", while my other computers have the name as
    > "Shared Documents". (All Windows XP.)
    >
    > Thanks, jimbo

Microsoft Windows XP