Connecting two internet connection

McDouglas

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2003
Hi!

I'm in the middle of making a private network with 50 client, and i encountered a litlle problem. In my area the best buy is 1500kbit lines to Internet over DSL. Unfortunately this is the max, and right now its became slow. So i want to order another 1500kbit line on an other telephone line. But here comes my problem. How to connect these two lines? I'm using Cisco ADLS routers. I tought about Cisco's EtherChannel, but not sure about it. My requirement is that, if no users use the DSL lines, one client must have to be able to utilize the full bandwith, so the 3000kbit/sec. Is there any solution?

I'm including my networking scheme, maybe it helps.
http://members.fortunecity.com/mcdouglas/plan.jpg

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001
That link does not work, so I'm going to guess here...
Do you use a modem at all? If so, connect both modems to the router and do load balancing if you got the ports. Am I right in guessing that it is a 1700 series??
You could do etherchannel, but I don't see the point when you've only got two 1500Mb/s lines. It would be better to multihome the router(s) and loadbalancing would give you the full bandwidth anyway.
It should be easy to do as long as you don't do any routing between you and the isp (BGP in particular).

Hope I am making myself clear as I haven't slept all that much the last three days....
Dev

---
My Sig:
))
(( ___________________
|||_____________|_____|

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001
Wow, a FDDI network. Haven't seen that since... a long time ago. Anyways, since I am not in the Cisco department around here I asked a few of our CCIE's if the 1700 series could take two DSL cards, but none of them were sure. They all believed it would not be a problem, but to be sure I would check with Cisco first.

Dev

---
My Sig:
))
(( ___________________
|||_____________|_____|

Latest posts