Just FLight 747-200 - Ready for Pushback

Hi all, just got a copy of the above software. For anyone considering it, it
comes with a detailed instruction book of around 200 pages.

Have not installed it yet, but it looks great. Very detailed with all
checklists and a plethora of new panels to learn!

Chris
7 answers Last reply
More about just flight ready pushback

    kosh wrote:
    > Hi all, just got a copy of the above software. For anyone considering
    > it, it comes with a detailed instruction book of around 200 pages.
    >
    > Have not installed it yet, but it looks great. Very detailed with all
    > checklists and a plethora of new panels to learn!
    >
    > Chris

    Oh my! It would be just like taking your finals all over again. Nightmare! I
    wd rather eat my own head.
    Still whatever turns you on!

    --
    Sincerely Quilljar

    'Fly Navy, sail Air Force and shoot Pongoes'

    > Hi all, just got a copy of the above software. For anyone considering it,
    it
    > comes with a detailed instruction book of around 200 pages.

    this is definitely excelent add-on and very time consuming... :-) i know
    something about it. just don't forget to install Classic S-Combo!
    good luck!
    eddf, epjg

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:48:00 GMT, kosh wrote:

    > Hi all, just got a copy of the above software. For anyone considering it, it
    > comes with a detailed instruction book of around 200 pages.
    >
    > Have not installed it yet, but it looks great. Very detailed with all
    > checklists and a plethora of new panels to learn!

    That's nothing compared to the PMDG747-400 manual: 382 pages!
    It's such a complicated aircraft, that I haven't even flown it yet and I've
    been the proud owner of it for almost two weeks. (okay...I was on vacation
    for a week <g>)

    The PSS747-400 was a piece of cake to fly compared to this thing and even
    the JF747-200 is more airplane than the PSS747-400.

    You're gonna have as much fun getting to know that JF-200 as I am with the
    PMDG-400!

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    (This is such a drag! - C3PO)

    > That's nothing compared to the PMDG747-400 manual: 382 pages!
    > It's such a complicated aircraft, that I haven't even flown it yet and
    I've
    > been the proud owner of it for almost two weeks. (okay...I was on vacation
    > for a week <g>)

    yep, it's to complicated that it's full of bugs at this moment :-( (check
    pmdg forums, especially user 'janov' comments) moreover some systems are not
    simulated (i mean don't interact with others) even though they are described
    in the manual. hopefully this will be fixed soon (december?, march? ;-)
    so it's better wait for big upgrade then getting into the troubles in the
    air :-)

    gregory - proud owner of 747 pmdg...

    I think you're being quite unfair towards PMDG.
    I have the 747-400 and have had nothing but smooth flying since I bought it.
    Using it for my VA now and have tried out many things, including failures
    and all works just as it should.
    Did you know there are about 3 or 4 real world 747 pilots who tested the
    program and authorised its release. It really irritates me when a simmer
    comes out of the woodwork and claims he knows more than the real world pilot
    who actually flys the damn thing for a living.
    The bugs you mention are only reported by about 2% of the people that have
    bought the program. And those bugs wouldn't even be present had these users
    not install all their other add ons they download from avsim. I had a few
    and they caused me a lot of problems. Particularly FSCopilot.
    You mention Janov's posts. That is just 1 person that sticks out. Do you
    have any idea how many people have bought the 747? I can tell you it is
    more than any other add on in previous versions of FS. So many people
    bought it, it actually caused avsim to crash and PMDG were forced to
    relocate to a temporary forum.
    Before you go around slamming a product because it doesn't work on a very
    few users systems, think about the testing that was done on approximately 15
    systems used by beta testers. Now compare that to how many systems are
    actually using it...there are bound to be some reported bugs among the
    thousands of purchasers.
    Give them a chance to address all issues reported by these users and then
    you can pass judgement on a, in my opinion, flawless product.

    --
    The contents of this email and any attachments are strictly confidential and
    intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). If you
    "gresiek" <gresiek@eddf.poczta.fm.eddf> wrote in message
    >> That's nothing compared to the PMDG747-400 manual: 382 pages!
    >> It's such a complicated aircraft, that I haven't even flown it yet and
    > I've
    >> been the proud owner of it for almost two weeks. (okay...I was on
    >> vacation
    >> for a week <g>)
    >
    > yep, it's to complicated that it's full of bugs at this moment :-( (check
    > pmdg forums, especially user 'janov' comments) moreover some systems are
    > not
    > simulated (i mean don't interact with others) even though they are
    > described
    > in the manual. hopefully this will be fixed soon (december?, march? ;-)
    > so it's better wait for big upgrade then getting into the troubles in the
    > air :-)
    >
    > gregory - proud owner of 747 pmdg...

    hi,
    first of all i'm comparing 747 with 737ng and leveld 767. other complex
    add-ons i don't know (actually i know but not flying them). the second thing
    is that i do like pmdg 747 and not claiming it's a piece of junk! simply
    i've paid 50 bucks and i expect complexity, 'realism' and quality as it was
    advertised!
    i must admit that 80% od people will not have any problems flying this bird
    the way they fly... but i had some critical problems here and there, only
    one example - fmc programming and reprograming during my flights (issue also
    reported on pmdg forum) so i got pissed (no such problems with 737ng or 767)
    and grounded 747. now i'm patiently waiting for patch correcting this and
    other porblems...
    i'm not the real life pilot so i don't want to spend my time wondering if
    i'm idiot unable to read manual and understand this complex simulation,
    finding in the end that my problems are mainly because some bugs... i've
    bought it and i believe that one day this simulation will be as perfefect as
    737ng or leveld 767!
    regarding beta testing you can find on pmdg forum post from one of the beta
    testers claiming that they are all aware of many bugs still present in this
    product at the moment of release... final decision was made by pmdg people
    not by beta testers!
    in the end i want to mention that some negative comments on pmdg forums are
    removed (censored) quite fast... :-(
    eddf, epjg

    On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:21:49 +0200, gresiek wrote:

    > hi,
    > first of all i'm comparing 747 with 737ng and leveld 767. other complex
    > add-ons i don't know (actually i know but not flying them). the second thing
    > is that i do like pmdg 747 and not claiming it's a piece of junk! simply
    > i've paid 50 bucks and i expect complexity, 'realism' and quality as it was
    > advertised!

    I have some experience with complicated add-on airliners (PMDG737NG, DF737
    and PSS747-400) and, having not even flown the PMDG747-400 yet I can
    honestly said that I'm impressed with it's absolute complexity.
    That's exactly why I bought it!

    I'm having fun just learning about the various functional systems and I can
    hardly wait to fly it for the first time, which will be Saturday.

    > i must admit that 80% od people will not have any problems flying this bird
    > the way they fly... but i had some critical problems here and there, only
    > one example - fmc programming and reprograming during my flights (issue also
    > reported on pmdg forum) so i got pissed (no such problems with 737ng or 767)
    > and grounded 747. now i'm patiently waiting for patch correcting this and
    > other porblems...

    Have a look on www.precisionmanuals.com and you'll find there's already a
    patch available, though it's not a required update. It's optional.
    I wasn't able to find your post in the forum, so I don't know what your
    problem was, but maybe it will be solved now.
    I'm gonna install it anyway *before* I run into any glitches.

    > in the end i want to mention that some negative comments on pmdg forums are
    > removed (censored) quite fast... :-(

    That's why I stay clear of forums.
    I can't even get into the AVSIM forums, so whatever questions I have about
    the PMDG planes I ask the PMDG support team, which are more than helpful.
    With these aircrafts it's sometimes better to get the answer right form the
    horse's mouth.

    --

    Marcel (SAG-21)
    (You've got clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?)

Microsoft Video Games