XP SP2 and Norton AntiVirus...

September 21, 2004 5:53:02 PM

Hi!
I installed the new sp2, and I got a problem with the new "security-centre".
It keeps telling me that my virus-protection is not updated. I updated my
Norton AntiVirus and ran a full check of my system. Rebooted, and still I get
the red warning-symbol which says there is a securityrisk.
I guess this might be just an early problem, and that there will be a fix
for it any time soon, but still... It would be nice to know what I can do
about it.
Thanks!

More about : sp2 norton antivirus

Anonymous
September 21, 2004 8:02:56 PM

Welcome to the Windows® XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) Information Center!
This page answers the most frequently asked questions about SP2 and your
Norton antivirus and firewall products:
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/sp2/faq.html

What to do when the "Your computer might be at risk . . . "
appears when using Norton 2004/2005 products
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/doc...

Use the Symantec Automated Support Assistant:
http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/sp2/asa.html

Frequently asked questions about Windows Security Center
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;883792&Product=windowsxpsp2

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP