network wizards and control panel not responding

got a new laptop-gave to a computer tech firm to transfer
data from old computer to new. Got it back and we can't
get any of the network wizards or control panel functions
to respond. A "Not Responding" message appears when we
try to get into a category in control panel. Is it
possible the company removed functionality of the wizards
so we would use them to hook up the new computer?

If it was working before, you should take it back to them and have them
restore functionality.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User