Service manual for Canon PIXMA iPx000 printers?

DaveC

Distinguished
May 8, 2004
Archived from groups: sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I'm looking for a service manual for the iP3000, but will settle for any of
them. If you have a PDF file to share of one of these manuals, I'd appreciate
a copy.

(Yes, I know about e-bay.)

Thanks,
Dave

dave-usenet1.at.mailblocks.dot.com

DaveC
me@privacy.net
This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group

Archived from groups: sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

You want a service manual for a Canon product?
Are you a Canon authorized servicer?

Otherwise, I know of very few Canon manuals that they sell any more to
anyone else.
Give the Canon customer service a call and ask them what it costs and
if you can buy it.

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 13:56:26 -0800, dkuhajda@locl.net wrote
(in article <1110750986.599252.264710@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>):

> Otherwise, I know of very few Canon manuals that they sell any more to
> anyone else.
> Give the Canon customer service a call and ask them what it costs and
> if you can buy it.

You are correct. You cannot buy a service manual if you are not an authorized
service center.

*That's* why I'm asking in news groups if anyone has one they'd like to
share.

DaveC
me@privacy.net
This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group

DaveC

Distinguished
May 8, 2004
Archived from groups: sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:01:44 -0800, John Q wrote
(in article <y60Zd.17500$2s.7649@lakeread06>):

> In the "Getting Started" box, click on "Product / Software Manuals"

It's not a service manual, it's user guides.

DaveC
me@privacy.net
This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group

Archived from groups: sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Since becoming a Canon authorized servicer costs so much and is very
exclusive, it is highly unlikely that any Canon authorized servicer
would risk losing the factory servicer status by loaning out a service
manual which goes against the agreement signed with Canon.

The nearest photo printer authorized service is more than 80 miles away
from us. We use to do Canon consumer electronics and camcorders, but
Canon has since made those all factory depot repair only.

Good Luck

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 18:01:55 -0800, dkuhajda@locl.net wrote
(in article <1110765715.167405.218980@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>):

> it is highly unlikely that any Canon authorized servicer
> would risk losing the factory servicer status by loaning out a service
> manual which goes against the agreement signed with Canon.

You apparently know very little about what is available on the 'net. These
manuals are for sale regularly on e-Bay; CDs full of PDF files of these
manuals. Some manuals are available for free at many download sites (I found
such a site for an Epson service manual, but not yet for this Canon manual.)
Anyone care to share the iP3000 service manual? Or any of the other iPx000
service manuals?

Thanks,

DaveC
me@privacy.net
This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

On 13 Mar 2005 18:01:55 -0800, dkuhajda@locl.net wrote:

>Since becoming a Canon authorized servicer costs

Doh

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 23:47:18 -0800, DaveC <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>You apparently know very little about what is available on the 'net. These
>manuals are for sale regularly on e-Bay; CDs full of PDF files of these
>manuals. Some manuals are available for free at many download sites (I found
>such a site for an Epson service manual, but not yet for this Canon manual.)
>Anyone care to share the iP3000 service manual? Or any of the other iPx000
>service manuals?

Look / ask in the ebook / e-books NGs where you won't be pontificated by some
head-in-arse twit.

Archived from groups: sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Apparantly you must know more about what is on the web. So go find
what you need.

The ONLY service manuals for Canon I have seen on Ebay are for old
printers and the like. How old is the BJC3000 and similar? You might
be able to get a hold of one in 3 or so years after Canon decides it is
no longer cost effective to provide support for the printer.

I have pages of links of available on the web service manuals.
Only no recent Canon manuals at all.

Of the regulars here, I do not know of any that are Canon printer
products authorized.

You might try in a computer repair forum, as it looks like of all the
Canon printer authorized servicers within 400 miles of me, a total of
10, they all are listed as computer sales/repair shops, not electronics
repair.

Archived from groups: sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

On 13 Mar 2005 18:01:55 -0800, dkuhajda@locl.net wrote:

>Since becoming a Canon authorized servicer costs so much and is very
>exclusive, it is highly unlikely that any Canon authorized servicer
>would risk losing the factory servicer status by loaning out a service
>manual which goes against the agreement signed with Canon.
>
>The nearest photo printer authorized service is more than 80 miles away
>from us. We use to do Canon consumer electronics and camcorders, but
>Canon has since made those all factory depot repair only.
>
>Good Luck

Canon is a closed Shop, I have seen every manual posted in the
alt.binaries.e-book.technical news group, But not CANON..

In the alt.binaries.warez news groups, in the last few days a total of 5
Boeing Plane Manuals also Training manuals have been posted and other Piper
and Cessna Manuals

But you just can't get a Canon one..

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

On 14 Mar 2005 17:25:00 -0800, dkuhajda@locl.net wrote:

>Apparantly you must know more about what is on the web. So go find
>what you need.

<snip - boring useless rant>

Duh

Archived from groups: sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

DaveC <me@privacy.net> wrotenews:0001HW.BE5A133400202397F02845B0
@news.individual.net:

> On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:01:44 -0800, John Q wrote
> (in article <y60Zd.17500$2s.7649@lakeread06>):
>
>> In the "Getting Started" box, click on "Product / Software Manuals"
>
> It's not a service manual, it's user guides.

IT's amazing how helpfull people can get, when they haven't a clue how to
help you and would rather scold you, misdirect you and pretend they didn't
really read what you were asking for?

Btw...have you tried googling, using yahoo and going on Ebay yet?

<bfg>
--
---Mapanari---

Archived from groups: sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

> IT's amazing how helpfull people can get, when they haven't a clue
how > to help you and would rather scold you, misdirect you and pretend
they > didn't really read what you were asking for?

> Btw...have you tried googling, using yahoo and going on Ebay yet?
>
> <bfg>

Sounds to me like you are describing yourself...

(I quoted it on top for you, because I see you have trouble keeping
track otherwise...)

Art

Mapanari wrote:

> DaveC <me@privacy.net> wrotenews:0001HW.BE5A133400202397F02845B0
> @news.individual.net:
>

>>On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:01:44 -0800, John Q wrote
>>(in article <y60Zd.17500$2s.7649@lakeread06>):
>>

>>>In the "Getting Started" box, click on "Product / Software Manuals"
>>
>>It's not a service manual, it's user guides.
>

> IT's amazing how helpfull people can get, when they haven't a clue how to
> help you and would rather scold you, misdirect you and pretend they didn't
> really read what you were asking for?
>
> Btw...have you tried googling, using yahoo and going on Ebay yet?
>
> <bfg>

Archived from groups: sci.electronics.repair,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

This printer is not that old is it? Isn't this still under warranty?