Sign in with
Your question

Alternatives to windows live mail in windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
April 23, 2011 10:09:01 PM

Hello,
hate live mail- I HATE it. I used OE for 15 years with NO probs. now I keep getting the DNS error and hitting the reply tab only stores the mail in the outbox cos it cant find the return address. I am about to throw this NEW lenovo laptop out the door with pleasure and go back to my poor old Dell with XP and good old OE.
a b $ Windows 7
April 23, 2011 11:15:09 PM

Nothing wrong with WLM... you've already decided you hate it so of course you'll find fault with it no matter what. All it needs is to be properly configured... once that's done, it will work perfectly. OE is flawed to begin with... once your .dbx files get near 1GB in size... it will start hanging / freezing. I had to install Thunderbird for one person as her OE started choking on her email.

There's no guarantee you'll like the alternatives better, as none of them are exactly like what you're used to... OE. Thunderbird is the most popular alternative (free)... there is also Incredimail. If you have MS Office, you could use Outlook. Just google email clients to see what's out there.
m
l
Related resources
May 18, 2011 7:41:03 PM

85868,3,2462 said:
Nothing wrong with WLM... you've already decided you hate it so of course you'll find fault with it no matter what. All it needs is to be properly configured... once that's done, it will work perfectly. OE is flawed to begin with... once your .dbx files get near 1GB in size... it will start hanging / freezing. I had to install Thunderbird for one person as her OE started choking on her email.

There's no guarantee you'll like the alternatives better, as none of them are exactly like what you're used to... OE. Thunderbird is the most popular alternative (free)... there is also Incredimail. If you have MS Office, you could use Outlook. Just google email clients to see what's out there.[/quotemsg

Not true. WLM does not work well no matter how it's configured. I've struggled with it for over a year now and finally give up. There are no problems with my Frontier account but my wife's AOL IMAP account has never worked.

I give up.
m
l
a c 395 $ Windows 7
May 18, 2011 8:07:08 PM

Use a web based email client !
m
l
July 6, 2011 6:27:24 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
Use a web based email client !

i used OE from 1995 through 2011 without a hiccup, great system(why did they ever change it??); recently moved to WLM ince windoows 7 won't handle OE and initially found it good, but t has now on its own decided to stop receiving my hotmail account, funnily I have a msn account and it continues to received that. go figure. There are definitely bugs in the WLM like so many other microsoft programs, I'm looking for an alternative mail management system any suggestions?
m
l
!