Sign in with
Your question

ATI and 7900 cant switch between....

Last response: in Systems
May 31, 2006 2:04:32 AM

I have a ASUS A8N platinum MOBO and a ATI aiw catalist. I also have a ASUS en7900gt top GPU both are in pci-express slots . The problem is anything I do whenther its play games or run DVD's or TV is only comeing from the ATI how can I get games and DVD's to run off the 7900 instead of the ATI. I would like to have a simple solution but hey it is a computer.....lol Any help is greatly appritiated.

More about : ati 7900 switch

May 31, 2006 7:29:03 AM

Try to go into your bios, you should be able to tell it which pci-e slot is primary, and which is secondary. The primary slot is the one that default plays videos, gaming ect.
In windows, how is your display set up?
June 1, 2006 7:54:00 AM

How is this all setup? Like where are all the chips, and if u can a better model number for the board?
Related resources
June 3, 2006 9:01:35 PM

The mobo is a asus a8n premium, I have a thermaltake 680 watt psu 2 gig's of kingston memory a creatve audigyzs2 platinum soundcard , a AMD x2 4800 cpu a thermaltake rythm liquid cooling system 3-120mm fans , 2-80mm fans a Mitsumu 7 in 1 A drive a plexor atapi dvd/cd r/rw +/- a Sony dvd/cd r/rw +/- a coolermaster fan contoller and temp monitor the case is a thermaltake armor(Real big) and of course the 7900 gt-top and the ati tv/tuner card.
!