Unread mail messages.. on XP start up screen...

Tags:
  • Windows XP
  • Microsoft
  • Regedit
September 22, 2004 1:58:13 AM

Windows XP....Start up I have 3 unread mail messages.. cant find them
anywhere.. I gather that this can be reset usind Regedit... but then what..?

Many thanks in advance.....

Edward T

More about : unread mail messages start screen

Anonymous
September 22, 2004 1:58:14 AM

Download and install TweakUI:

Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP (TweakUI)
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...

After installing, go to Start > Programs > PowerToys for Windows XP >
TweakUI. Expand "Logon" and uncheck "Show unread mail on Welcome screen".

Note: Unread message alerts may indicate you have unread messages not only
in Outlook Express, but Hotmail and/or MSN email accounts as well.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Edward Thomson" wrote:

| Windows XP....Start up I have 3 unread mail messages.. cant find them
| anywhere.. I gather that this can be reset usind Regedit... but then what..?
|
| Many thanks in advance.....
|
| Edward T
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 3:08:55 AM

Hi

You can download TweakUI from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powert... and when
installed go to Programs>Powertoys for Windows XP>Tweak UI - then go to
Logon>Unread Mail - disable it in the right hand pane.

Otherwise the Unread Mail can be disabled via the Registry - navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail\[Youremailaddress],
double click on 'MessageCount' - in the right hand pane - and change the
value to 0(Zero).

***If you do opt for the Registry please 'tweak', please backup the Registry
first. A good program to do this - as well as being able to restore it - is
ERunt:

http://home.t-online.de/home/lars.hederer/erunt/index.h...***

--

Will Denny