Unread mail messages.. on XP start up screen...

Windows XP....Start up I have 3 unread mail messages.. cant find them
anywhere.. I gather that this can be reset usind Regedit... but then what..?

Many thanks in advance.....

Edward T
2 answers Last reply
More about unread mail messages start screen

    Download and install TweakUI:

    Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP (TweakUI)

    After installing, go to Start > Programs > PowerToys for Windows XP >
    TweakUI. Expand "Logon" and uncheck "Show unread mail on Welcome screen".

    Note: Unread message alerts may indicate you have unread messages not only
    in Outlook Express, but Hotmail and/or MSN email accounts as well.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Edward Thomson" wrote:

    | Windows XP....Start up I have 3 unread mail messages.. cant find them
    | anywhere.. I gather that this can be reset usind Regedit... but then what..?
    |
    | Many thanks in advance.....
    |
    | Edward T

    Hi

    You can download TweakUI from
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp and when
    installed go to Programs>Powertoys for Windows XP>Tweak UI - then go to
    Logon>Unread Mail - disable it in the right hand pane.

    Otherwise the Unread Mail can be disabled via the Registry - navigate to:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail\[Youremailaddress],
    double click on 'MessageCount' - in the right hand pane - and change the
    value to 0(Zero).

    ***If you do opt for the Registry please 'tweak', please backup the Registry
    first. A good program to do this - as well as being able to restore it - is
    ERunt:

    http://home.t-online.de/home/lars.hederer/erunt/index.htm***

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Edward Thomson" <edward_thomson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Windows XP....Start up I have 3 unread mail messages.. cant find them
    > anywhere.. I gather that this can be reset usind Regedit... but then
    > what..?
    >
    > Many thanks in advance.....
    >
    > Edward T

Windows XP Microsoft Regedit