Sign in with
Your question

Trying to install drivers for ASRock 870 Extreme 3 in Windows 7 64 bit

Last response: in Windows 7
April 24, 2011 1:11:22 AM

I recently downloaded the AMD all in one driver from this link: http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=870 Extreme3&o=Win764

I have a few issues however:

1) I don't know if this is necessary, but I can't find out my current driver version. I did a google search on how to find it, but the results I received told me to look for a "Motherboard Resources" entry under "System Devices" - problem is that no such entry exists on my system.

2) Whenever I click on the setup file for the driver I downloaded, it launches it using the ATI Catalyst Control Center. Is this right?
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
April 24, 2011 1:14:32 PM

I would contact ASR by phone.
Apparently the "all in one" is just the video drivers and software. Yes you need to install CCC for your video, but where is the other drivers? like ethernet, chipset, etc....
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
April 24, 2011 5:41:35 PM

In CCC click information then software,that will tell you exactly what drivers you have.
In the future just go to AMD's site for gpu updates.
Also freeware like GPU-Z will list that info as well as monitor temps.
m
l
Related resources
April 24, 2011 8:29:03 PM

Well, I've already updated my GPU about a month and a half ago, so I already have the CCC installed. Now I'm trying to install drivers for the motherboard, and I didn't know this was related to the CCC, so I was wondering if things were working right.
m
l
September 20, 2013 6:59:03 AM

Radical Dreamer said:
I recently downloaded the AMD all in one driver from this link: http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=870 Extreme3&o=Win764

I have a few issues however:

1) I don't know if this is necessary, but I can't find out my current driver version. I did a google search on how to find it, but the results I received told me to look for a "Motherboard Resources" entry under "System Devices" - problem is that no such entry exists on my system.

2) Whenever I click on the setup file for the driver I downloaded, it launches it using the ATI Catalyst Control Center. Is this right?

for the internet drivers you need to download and install "Atheros drivers" since thats what the motherboard uses. to be more specific the "Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller"

now on the Asrock site i haven't found these drivers so i had to google it..
ive put a Zelda's boyfriend in my answer ;) 

cheers Serran
m
l
!