Remembering name and password

I'm using Windows XP HE
When I want to log to Yahoo to get my mail it does not remember my
name or password. Each time I must write my e-mail address then my
password.

I don't have this problem with an other mail server I also use; with
the first letter of my e-mail address, e-mail address are proposed and
with the right e-mail address the password is automatically written.
..
Maybe it's related to the fact that all cookies are erase when I close
my browser *but* why is the problem only with Yahoo and not with all
the others name & password I use.

Is there a solution ?

Den
6 answers Last reply
More about remembering password

    You found the solution. Your password is saved as a cookie.

    Raats of Ruck......

    John

    "Den" <nomail@nomail.net> wrote in message
    > I'm using Windows XP HE
    > When I want to log to Yahoo to get my mail it does not remember my
    > name or password. Each time I must write my e-mail address then my
    > password.
    >
    > I don't have this problem with an other mail server I also use; with
    > the first letter of my e-mail address, e-mail address are proposed and
    > with the right e-mail address the password is automatically written.
    > .
    > Maybe it's related to the fact that all cookies are erase when I close
    > my browser *but* why is the problem only with Yahoo and not with all
    > the others name & password I use.
    >
    > Is there a solution ?
    >
    > Den

    On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:02:20 -0600, "John Smith" <happy@milehigh.com>
    wrote:

    Hi John,
    I concluded that remembering the name & password were a function of
    windows XP since with my other e-mail address with an other server I
    don't have this problem.

    So, it doesn't work that way :-(

    Den

    >You found the solution. Your password is saved as a cookie.
    >
    >Raats of Ruck......
    >
    >John
    >
    >"Den" <nomail@nomail.net> wrote in message
    >> I'm using Windows XP HE
    >> When I want to log to Yahoo to get my mail it does not remember my
    >> name or password. Each time I must write my e-mail address then my
    >> password.
    >>
    >> I don't have this problem with an other mail server I also use; with
    >> the first letter of my e-mail address, e-mail address are proposed and
    >> with the right e-mail address the password is automatically written.
    >> .
    >> Maybe it's related to the fact that all cookies are erase when I close
    >> my browser *but* why is the problem only with Yahoo and not with all
    >> the others name & password I use.
    >>
    >> Is there a solution ?
    >>
    >> Den

    You may have permenently blocked the necessary cookie.

    Go while in IE:

    Tools
    Internet Options
    Privacy
    Sites
    In Per Site Privacy Actions under Managed Web sites you can check of the
    cookie is permently blocked or not for your particular email account. If it
    is, remove it.

    On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:12:52 -0400, Den wrote:

    > I'm using Windows XP HE
    > When I want to log to Yahoo to get my mail it does not remember my
    > name or password. Each time I must write my e-mail address then my
    > password.
    >
    > I don't have this problem with an other mail server I also use; with
    > the first letter of my e-mail address, e-mail address are proposed and
    > with the right e-mail address the password is automatically written.
    > .
    > Maybe it's related to the fact that all cookies are erase when I close
    > my browser *but* why is the problem only with Yahoo and not with all
    > the others name & password I use.
    >
    > Is there a solution ?
    >
    > Den

    Den, for security purposes, some sites do not cache cookies for this type
    of thing and they require the user to logon each and every time. Nor do
    they allow AutoComplete to cache the logon/passwords.

    I see the same thing with my comcast service. If I go directly to the
    comcast mail site, I have to log in manually to read mail. I can avoid that
    by using an email program configured to log me on when checking for mail.

    You should check with Yahoo to see if this is the case with their email
    servers or not.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:39:22 -0600, "John Smith" <happy@milehigh.com>
    wrote:

    Everything in IE seems Ok there is even a line that says to always
    allow cookies from yahoo.com
    On the other hand I instructed AvantBrowser not to delete the cookies
    went closing.

    Even then the windows where I write my e-mail address seems to be dead
    whether I use AvantBrowser or IE

    Very strange situation.

    Den

    >You may have permenently blocked the necessary cookie.
    >
    >Go while in IE:
    >
    >Tools
    >Internet Options
    >Privacy
    >Sites
    >In Per Site Privacy Actions under Managed Web sites you can check of the
    >cookie is permently blocked or not for your particular email account. If it
    >is, remove it.
    >
    >John
    >"Den" <nomail@nomail.net> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:02:20 -0600, "John Smith" <happy@milehigh.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi John,
    >> I concluded that remembering the name & password were a function of
    >> windows XP since with my other e-mail address with an other server I
    >> don't have this problem.
    >>
    >> So, it doesn't work that way :-(
    >>
    >> Den
    >>
    >>>You found the solution. Your password is saved as a cookie.
    >>>
    >>>Raats of Ruck......
    >>>
    >>>John
    >>>
    >>>"Den" <nomail@nomail.net> wrote in message

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:27:51 -0500, Sharon F <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org>
    wrote:

    Thanks for the suggestion Sharon

    ...."autocomplete" (not working) that's the word I was searching for
    this very annoying problem

    Thank again

    Den

    >On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:12:52 -0400, Den wrote:
    >
    >> I'm using Windows XP HE
    >> When I want to log to Yahoo to get my mail it does not remember my
    >> name or password. Each time I must write my e-mail address then my
    >> password.
    >>
    >> I don't have this problem with an other mail server I also use; with
    >> the first letter of my e-mail address, e-mail address are proposed and
    >> with the right e-mail address the password is automatically written.
    >> .
    >> Maybe it's related to the fact that all cookies are erase when I close
    >> my browser *but* why is the problem only with Yahoo and not with all
    >> the others name & password I use.
    >>
    >> Is there a solution ?
    >>
    >> Den
    >
    >Den, for security purposes, some sites do not cache cookies for this type
    >of thing and they require the user to logon each and every time. Nor do
    >they allow AutoComplete to cache the logon/passwords.
    >
    >I see the same thing with my comcast service. If I go directly to the
    >comcast mail site, I have to log in manually to read mail. I can avoid that
    >by using an email program configured to log me on when checking for mail.
    >
    >You should check with Yahoo to see if this is the case with their email
    >servers or not.

Yahoo Email Windows XP