rashod0

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
Just built the following:

DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D mobo
AMD 64 3700+ 2.2ghz, San Diego Core
2x1gb corsair xms pc 3200 ram
Diamond Radeon x550 256 mb video card
Cooler Master Case (which included a 350W PS)
2x80 GB WD HDD's, plan to run in a Raid 0 config
Pioneer DVD burner
Standard 3.5" floppy drive
Cooler Master 350w PS (on setting 115v on the back of the PS)

I have gotten the following error msg when turning on computer, on occasion:

Warning! Now system is in safe mode. Please re-setting cpu frequency in the CMOS setup.

(no spreckin de engrish computer? haha)

I then go into the bios and select restart and it restarts with no problem, after the initial post it notes that it backs up the cmos.

Can anyone help me figure whats going on here?

The_Outlaw

Distinguished
May 31, 2006
Everytime you leave the BIOS on a DFI board (mostly anyways), it says "backup of CMOS blah blah" and whatever, so don't worry about that.

Some people think it's a corrupt BIOS or bad mobo in general, I'd say if it works now, just leave it and use it.

It's either overclocking too high or overheating issue could be likely.

The Outlaw

rashod0

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
Ok, well that is good to know....that part doesn't really bother me. It's the part on inital boot during cpu check, etc., when it prompts me to enter the bios. Now I can bypass it but then it just goes to a black screen with a blinking underscore. But like I said when I do go into the bios and restart it boots up fine. And another thing I forgot to mention is that when I reboot sometimes the computer power light will just sit there and blink and not reboot but all the fans, cpu/case and mobo fans are spinning.

**also as a side note: I used artic silver 5 for the thermal paste and scraped off the thermal tape from the heatsink and cleaned it before installing the cpu/heatsink. it runs at a stable 38 degress C. I've had no crashes once i'm in the OS**

The_Outlaw

Distinguished
May 31, 2006
Ok, well that is good to know....that part doesn't really bother me. It's the part on inital boot during cpu check, etc., when it prompts me to enter the bios. Now I can bypass it but then it just goes to a black screen with a blinking underscore. But like I said when I do go into the bios and restart it boots up fine. And another thing I forgot to mention is that when I reboot sometimes the computer power light will just sit there and blink and not reboot but all the fans, cpu/case and mobo fans are spinning.

**also as a side note: I used artic silver 5 for the thermal paste and scraped off the thermal tape from the heatsink and cleaned it before installing the cpu/heatsink. it runs at a stable 38 degress C. I've had no crashes once i'm in the OS**

I'd bet for a hardware problem with CPU or RAM if it sits on power and goes to blinking underscore. That can also be attributed to a driver issue, I suggest reinstalling chipset drivers and having the latest BIOS if problems persist.

The Outlaw

rashod0

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
I just checked my cpu temp with sissandra and my damn cpu temp is 47 degrees C/117 degrees F. *sigh* She's starting to get a bit hot.

rashod0

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
No but I suppose i'll give that a try, I was thinking about it.

--------------------------------

I just cleared the CMOS via the jumper and things seem to be ok right now, as far as that cpu frequency message, i'll keep an eye on it though. But it still does doesn't reboot the system, on most occasions when I reset the computer. Again the power light goes off, i get some blinking from the HDD light and all the fans are on....the screen is blank (as in no video period).