trivia from movie "Spies Like Us"

bill

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

In the movie, there's a scene in which the the four russians (2 men, 2
women) are out in the snow with the rockets, and they are dancing, and
a song is playing in the background (mainly trumpet and bass, as I
recall). Can someone please identify the song? I haven't seen the
movie in years, but a friend of mine saw it recently and says that he
thinks that Dan Ackroyd even mentions the artist who does the song.

Thanks in advance -

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 08:13:16 -0700, Bill put fingers to keyboard and said:

> In the movie, there's a scene in which the the four russians (2 men, 2
> women) are out in the snow with the rockets, and they are dancing, and a
> song is playing in the background (mainly trumpet and bass, as I recall).
> Can someone please identify the song? I haven't seen the movie in years,
> but a friend of mine saw it recently and says that he thinks that Dan
> Ackroyd even mentions the artist who does the song.
>
> Thanks in advance -

Does this

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090056/soundtrack

help?

--
+-------------------+---------------------------------------------------+
Bruce Bowler | When everyone minds his own business the work is

Bruce Bowler wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 08:13:16 -0700, Bill put fingers to keyboard and said:
>

>> In the movie, there's a scene in which the the four russians (2 men, 2
>> women) are out in the snow with the rockets, and they are dancing, and a
>> song is playing in the background (mainly trumpet and bass, as I recall).
>> Can someone please identify the song? I haven't seen the movie in years,
>> but a friend of mine saw it recently and says that he thinks that Dan
>> Ackroyd even mentions the artist who does the song.
>>
>> Thanks in advance -

> Does this
>
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090056/soundtrack
>
> help?

It sure as heck does, Bruce - I believe it's "Soul Finger," performed
by the Bar-Kays - with this site and another responder, it looks like a
winner.

And it makes this all the more puzzling - when I did a search for
"spies like us" and "soundtrack", I came up with a number of sites that
contained the original music, e.g.:

http://www.soundtrack.net/soundtracks/database/?id=83

But nothing mentioning Soul Finger -

Thanks again -

Archived from groups: rec.games.trivia (More info?)

In article <1119890684.506362.126930@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
Bill <2bq64jt02@sneakemail.com> wrote:
>It sure as heck does, Bruce - I believe it's "Soul Finger," performed
>by the Bar-Kays - with this site and another responder, it looks like a
>winner.

Yep, that's it. I think one of the Russian men even says
"Soul Finger" during the scene.