Watercooler chart?

needs_help

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2005
I've seen video card chart CPU chart and whatnot, is there a watercooler chart that compares some of the hottest liquid coolers on the market?

I'm looking for a good water cooler for my cpu, preferably fanless, but would be satisfied if the fan is really quiet, and for design just not too bulky is alright with me(i like Rocket from Thermaltake but its pretty much the only one i know, i don't like Symphony because its too big and it weighs over 30 pounds).

And another problem is i don't know any dealers who actually sell Rocket or similar watercoolers in Canada, any suggestions on other models or stores who carry them guys?

thanks in advance =)

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Well if your looking for the best water cooling kit then get an active cooling an not passive one. Also this can cost a lot of money and depending on what components are you planning to cool down can also differ the water coolings performance and price.

Overall Swiftech is one of the best water cooling unit you can buy. The ultra kit can cost up to $250 but good cooling unit comes with a price.

An active cooling with fan can be quite as well but mostly can easily outperform a passive cooling unit.

linux_0

Splendid
Well if your looking for the best water cooling kit then get an active cooling an not passive one. Also this can cost a lot of money and depending on what components are you planning to cool down can also differ the water coolings performance and price.

Overall Swiftech is one of the best water cooling unit you can buy. The ultra kit can cost up to $250 but good cooling unit comes with a price.

An active cooling with fan can be quite as well but mostly can easily outperform a passive cooling unit.

Indeed :-D

anton

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2001
I installed a Coolance Exos water cooling setup in my pc last weekend, and so far I'm most impressed. Excellent performance, very quiet, easy 'foolproof' setup.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
I'm looking for a good water cooler for my cpu, preferably fanless, but would be satisfied if the fan is really quiet, and for design just not too bulky is alright with me(i like Rocket from Thermaltake but its pretty much the only one i know, i don't like Symphony because its too big and it weighs over 30 pounds).

Here's a good W/C comparison. You'll see how poorly the Rocket does.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/16watercooling.html

GL :)

PS..page 33 has a nice chart for you.

needs_help

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2005

Here's a good W/C comparison. You'll see how poorly the Rocket does.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/16watercooling.html

GL :)

PS..page 33 has a nice chart for you.

whoa thanks for the chart, thats really helpful, and thanks to everyone else for their suggestions, man Rocket really sucks... its worse than the Fan cooling... but symphony totally owned (and i called it bulky), u think Symphony is that much of a great buy? i heard it is quite expensive

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
I have to say that while bigfoot is expensive that's probably because they actually have the latest parts. The swiftech parts listed at NCIX just suck, they don't carry the apogee block, not even the storm block, the MCW blocks they carry are 2 generations old. As for Danger Den, NCIX only has the RBX which again is old generation, the TDX is new and they don't have it. Pretty hard to compare prices when NCIX doesn't have the product... When I was shopping around NCIX did not carry a single product that I wanted to buy, ended up getting 50% locally and 50% at bigfoot. I think I've made my point about NCIX!

For Danger Den stuff you can also look at www.memoryexpress.com.

There are a couple US retailers such as www.frozencpu.com but then you have to add on the cost of duty, taxes, blah blah until it costs the same anyway.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
but symphony totally owned (and i called it bulky), u think Symphony is that much of a great buy? i heard it is quite expensive

Well, apparently it is rather expensive, but looks to work well. I have a

Thermaltake Bigwater SE(birthday gift from wife), but if i had my choice

of a kit, i think i'd go with a Swiftech Apex Ultra, though it's expensive.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
is the "dust cleaning" process for watercoolers a problem? especially for the relatively concealed fans in Symphony and Tribe?

Nothing a can of compressed air won't fix...Just blow it through the rad.

For the environment freon is bad, but phase change units use many different coolants which, i believe, aren't freon. Yes the prommy's are nice, if you want to spend around a grand on cooling.

duke8989

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
well it blows down to this are you a dork or are you a nerd. Dork which you love technology but never been extremely efficent with it. Or a Nerd in which you use your intellegence to power through your technical issues(doesnt always work lol:)) anyways if you happen to be a nerd i would definitely take the route of constructing a custom watercooling kit. You can make it identically similar setup as if you bought a premade one. IF you do your reasearch, use your wit, and be cautious. You will come out something with 10-20% better than you would have with a kit, and you might learn something. You dont have to be a genius, but you gotta have some sharpness to you. If you want help pm me or email me matt_k124@hotmail.com. You can get more out of your kit this way. I am not the most experienced but i can point you in the direction of more experinced sites, people, and good reasearch i found. If you want to take the plunge and complete your own watercooling loop. Or you wanna take the easy way home and get a premade one. (thats fine). I can gaurentee and i am pretty sure everyoen else can too that if you pick your parts and build it its much better than what you get in a package. Very similar to a $2000 dell vs $2000 Homebuilt workstation. just look at the preformance differenences there.