Experience with Trust SC-5250 5.1 Expert Optical?

alt1579

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
Hi there!

Does anyone on this forum have experience with the soundcard mentioned in the subject? If so, please share :D

I've ordered this card because it's cheap and it has a gameport connection. It hasn't arrived yet though, so that's why I ask.

Thanks!

Sander.

alt1579

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
Hiya Linux_0,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I've read the specs for this card, there's plenty of webshops here that sell it and I've checked Trust's website for it as well. But there are no reviews, user ratings or anything like that. I've searched quite extensively.
(There is one English review on the Trust website, but it is so short and sounds so completely n00by that I don't trust it)

So that's why I'm finally just asking here. :)

linux_0

Splendid
Hiya Linux_0,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I've read the specs for this card, there's plenty of webshops here that sell it and I've checked Trust's website for it as well. But there are no reviews, user ratings or anything like that. I've searched quite extensively.
(There is one English review on the Trust website, but it is so short and sounds so completely n00by that I don't trust it)

So that's why I'm finally just asking here. :)

I searched for a while but didn't find any either :-(

The links I posted were the most informative pages I found but had 0 actual info :-(

I guess you'll have to see how good it is when you get it... if you like it keep it, otherwise exchange it for a Sound Blaster something or other

Good Luck :-D

alt1579

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
Tell ya what: I'll write a proper review (as within my scope of knowledge, experience etc.) when I have this card.

I'l probably keep it anyway, even if it was just for the gameport :lol:

If anyone else reading this has any experience with this card though, please don't hesitate to share your opinion!

Cheers!

Teemue

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2006
Does anyone know if s/pdif output (toslink) works with 5.1 mode? I'm about to buy that card if it does. In example, my 'Terratec Aureon 5.1' can output data to toslink only if i have set speaker settings to stereo mode in 'Aureon 5.1 Fun Mixer'. Thanks for your answer.

Edit: So, I would like to get 5.1 sounds from computer to my AV-amplifier, Yamaha RX-V357