Cant open any type of cd in windows 7. 3 different dvdrw's connected

tacloban

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
Hey,

I am trying to load battlefield bad company 2, sims, dvd's, and cd's on my computer, but when I go to My Computer and double click the dvdrw's, windows says it needs to format the disk.

if I press format, it has an error, if I dont, it also has an error.

I have installed 3 dvdrws that I have tested and had working in another computer, and the same goes for each one.

When I insert a disk, the mouse cursor shows the little CD right by it, but nothing happens after it blinks a few times.

Bios recognizes each dvdrw drive, they will boot windows 7 disk before loading windows even, disk management shows each one is working good.

I got one dvd to read through a third party program called dvd decrypter. I didn't go as far as to see if it would copy to the hdd, but it showed all the files.

I used another third party software to analyze the sims2 disk to see if it could copy (i didnt have the full version so I couldnt copy it onto the hdd) but it did show the files as well.

I cannot see any music disks, cdrws disks, dvd's, etc in itunes or windows media player.

I have no idea whats going on and its wasting tons of my time and patience. Please please please help me!

I'm going to reformat, reinstall windows 7 and see if that works... its literally driving me nuts!

Thanks,

Ben

I have a i5-750 with biostar h55 hd, 4gb of xms3 corsair ram, 500watt apevia psu/case.

tacloban

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
I have uninstalled the drivers many times and restarted, I have also removed each one and tried them in different sata ports with different cords.

The software that you suggested, did show that there was "track 01: 3,075 MB" on the disk, but thats not even what is on these disks, so it did not work either.

Im very confused about this. Maybe i'll post a youtube video and share the link so that you can see exactly how its responding.

tacloban

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
I finally chose the quick and easy way out and re-installed windows 7 and now they work; I had already spent hours updating everything imaginable and doing everything that the forums suggested without success... finally a fresh install of windows got it working! :sol: