Sign in with
Your question

Installing case fans-Help!

Last response: in Overclocking
June 1, 2006 8:46:29 PM

To change a fan from exhaust to intake, all one needs to do is install the fan on the other side, right? Or is this usually done by configuring the fan with software?

More about : installing case fans

June 4, 2006 7:50:44 AM

no software involved..... just turn the fan around.
June 4, 2006 9:27:21 AM

hehehehehe software hehehehehe
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
June 6, 2006 5:47:17 AM

Fans are designed to only rotate in one direction. If you could reverse rotation they wouldn't work very well. So the only way to reverse flow is to flip the fan over.
June 6, 2006 11:14:10 AM

Quote:
Fans are designed to only rotate in one direction. If you could reverse rotation they wouldn't work very well. So the only way to reverse flow is to flip the fan over.
Well..... He could wire up a

ceiling fan, prop it up on a box, and then if its turning the wrong way, just

pull the chain....Plus it has 3 speeds too. :wink: One more benefit. If he

wants to work on it, he can pull the third chain, and he has lights. hehehe
June 6, 2006 12:16:51 PM

Check the exaust direction indicated by 2 arrows in some of the fan edges to make intake or not , in case front and in side pannel, fan should flow to the center of the case , in back pannel fan should exhaust the hot air out of your case... No software comands these fans, you can install fan control center or single controler to reduce or increase fan speed (and noise) but also without any software control... try to get better design fan , with more blades and with ballbearings ... and don't forget to clean them from time to time...
June 6, 2006 12:33:08 PM

Any case fans should have directional arrows on them noting the rotation and direction of airflow...as mentioned, just turn the fan around pointing the arrow the direction you want the air to go...

Such a cutie noobie question... :lol: 

Good luck!
June 6, 2006 7:27:19 PM

LoL, sorry for the n00b question. It's just the first time putting a case together by myself. I was pretty sure I just had to reverse them. I just wanted to make sure. Thanks guys.
January 9, 2013 4:11:14 PM

The fans that came with my Corsair H80i don't have any direction arrows. Frustrating. Is the side with the logo in the center usually the pull or push side?
!