Weird speed on EAX1900XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

optimist

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003
Ive just bought a radeon asus EAX1900XT, and installed it, tryed to install and run smartdoctor, it said my speed was 625 Core and 1440 mem which is correct, now i changed the smartdoctor program to a new version and it starts with the lowest settings, and now it says that my Core and Mem speeds are 500 and 594, and i now need to run smartdoctor each time i start my puter just to get back my factory speed.

need help here pls.

i tryed to uninstall it, reinstall it, reinstall old driver. remove it all and install something compleatly diffrent.

Pain

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004
Does the performance change? If it doesn't, uninstall smart doctor, or what ever the crap is, and then forget about it!

GherkinPekul

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2006
You did know that the card underclocks itself in 2d applications like web browsing and looking at the catalyst settings, right?

Those numbers sound just like my Gigabyte x1900xt when I'm just goofing off.

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
You did know that the card underclocks itself in 2d applications like web browsing and looking at the catalyst settings, right?

My X600 sucks so much, it has to overclock itself just to keep up when I'm using Firefox :oops: . I'm saving my $$$ for something better.

julius

Distinguished
May 19, 2004
good ol' nvidia and their "driver tweaks" which is just turning down details. shut it fanboy, nvidia underclocks their cards in 2d mode as well.

bigsby

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006

My X600 sucks so much, it has to overclock itself just to keep up when I'm using Firefox :oops: . I'm saving my $$$ for something better.

You had to overclock to use firefox with your x600?! I can play HL2 on max everything and still get ~20 fps, as well as play most other games in decent quality without overclocking. I'm hoping that one day i can get a 7900gt or something instead of this POS, but I can wait a little while, it can still play games.

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006

You had to overclock to use firefox with your x600?! I can play HL2 on max everything and still get ~20 fps, as well as play most other games in decent quality without overclocking. I'm hoping that one day i can get a 7900gt or something instead of this POS, but I can wait a little while, it can still play games.

I'm just joking. I'm running the card at stock speed right now; if I fry it, I won't be able to replace it. My best 3DMark05 score is linked in my sig, but that's an old score with my old (now fried) P4 and ASUS board.

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
good ol' nvidia and their "driver tweaks" which is just turning down details. shut it fanboy, nvidia underclocks their cards in 2d mode as well.
You act like producing less heat while using less electricity is a negative when in 2D mode.

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006

max everything my as*. You don´t have to lie.

optimist

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003
Well when i installed smartdoctor the first time, it found the speed correctly, when i upgraded it and ran it again it fucked it up somehow, now i cant get it back regardles of uninstalling and such. and my Driver disk crashes my computer now aswell when its preforming a test on it.

optimist

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003
If i knew what it was i whould remove it, i tryed to remove all my drivers and reinstall the old ones ( thoes im sure worked)

optimist

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

if that was the case why did smartdoctor show the right values when i installed the old version the first time and then fucked it up when i upgraded it. ? now the old version shows the fuckedup values aswell.

GherkinPekul

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2006
I honestly couldn't tell you, I'm using Catalyst 6.5. Never used Smart Doctor.
Overdrive saves my 3D settings, but right now, my speeds are the same as what you are bitching about. I know it works because I have a temp monitor on my card and I can see the heat go up when I am running a game. You're starting to piss me off. You blame the hardware for doing its job because you are ignorant of what you bought. Do some research before you rant about something that's not broken next time.

julius

Distinguished
May 19, 2004
no, im not saying that at all, learn to read... im saying that chuckhissle is blowing steam at ati's "crappy" drivers when in actuality theyre doing exactly what theyre supposed to, and nvidia does the same..

baracuda73

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
Uninstall SmartDoctor and either use the Overdrive feature of the ATI drivers or use radclocker as they seem to be the best tools for ocing ati cards.

prozac26

Distinguished
May 9, 2005

Overclock itself while using Firefox?? LMAO :lol: Nice one.

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
You're telling me to learn how to read? You started by insulting Nvidia because at one time they suggested using a setting that increased performance while decreasing quality, and you call him a fanboy? I myself like both ATI and Nvidia; my last card was a 6800GT and before that it was a 9800XT.

julius

Distinguished
May 19, 2004
dude, did you not read his post? he was pretty quick to dis ati's driver before he actually assessed the situation, so yes, he is most likely a fanboy since he was quick on the trigger to dis the ati driver...

julius

Distinguished
May 19, 2004
yeah, neither am i lol, thats why i use ati tray tools. i dont know why ati thought ccc was a good idea, i want to change my aa not see some stupid car driving down an endless road... and the fact that it screws with other programs overclocking abilities is dumb. setting 2d/3d clocks through ati tool is really simple though...

optimist

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003
Lol you acturaly read what i posted to my self. Sorry bout that i was just bored and wanted to se how many stars i could make in one sentence, it wasnt ment for you or anything personal :D .

Anyways your right, i made some tests and yes the card do clock up when going to fullscreen 3dapplications even though overdrive feature is not enabled.

What i did go ranting about is that my card is registering as 500/594 mhz when i payed for 625/720 mhz, i cant use that "ATI" got the bright idea to lock a cards speed to only full 3d application when i run most my games in windows mode ( the proacative of having a big monitor ).

You blame the hardware for doing its job because you are ignorant of what you bought.
Aparently it says nowhere that i can only use my card to it fullest when playing fullscreen games, and apparently ASUS have no clue of thos either since they told me to RMA my card.

o some research before you rant about something that's not broken next time.
I have no idea where and how i was suppose to finde or know this kind of info. there are post on Asus's site aswell about this "problem" if u will, and they offer no answer what so ever.

Another thing this is nothing personal but
I know it works because I have a temp monitor on my card and I can see the heat go up when I am running a game
stating something works becourse of that, well ... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.