Sign in with
Your question

Question on this refurbished card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 2, 2006 1:42:59 AM

Hi all. I've been looking around at many different cards, made a couple of posts about them. But in my searching I found this. I'm sticking with AGP for now and I have currently a 9800xt ATI RADEON.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102398R

Now. It's a refurbished card.. But is quite a bit better than my card.
Questions. First. How likely am I to see this thing go up in my face, what sort of stuff do they do to insure that a refurbished card works? Does it still have a manufacturys warranty?

And, since it comes with nothing but the card.. Will the power plug I use to connect my 9800xt to my PSU suffice for this card as well?

Thanks in advance!
a b U Graphics card
June 2, 2006 1:49:20 AM

I just responded in your other thread. Great card for the money. It's not exactly a refurb when it says open box. Refurb would say refurbished. Anyway, I am not sure of Newegg's warranty on open box and if it is longer than the 14 day refurb warranty. Also not sure if Sapphire will honor their 1 year warranty or even when that warranty begins (original purchase date, your purchase date, or manufacturing date). I think the deal is worth going for at that price.
June 2, 2006 1:50:41 AM

I'm pretty sure that Open Box cards come with the necessary things to run them. Driver CD, and cable are probably there. Open Box can mean several things, it can mean the card was returned for no reason, or it could mean there's a problem with it.

You might be able to get a X800XL for little less than that. I think $189 for a X800XT seems a decent price to pay.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 2, 2006 1:52:22 AM

It's an XT Platinum Edition not a lower clocked X800XT; it would spank a X800XL for sure.
June 2, 2006 1:53:18 AM

NEWEGG changed their setup, all refurbs now became open box

"Newegg.com does not test any product, including Open Box items. Open Box components are therefore only tested by the original manufacturer. Due to the varying quality of manufacturer testing, YOU ARE TAKING A RISK BUYING OPEN BOX PRODUCTS. Open Box items are OPEN BOX products that contain components that have previously been owned by other clients and returned to Newegg.com. These products are sold considerably under cost."

Newegg.com guarantees all Open Box product for 15 days only.
June 2, 2006 1:54:51 AM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that Open Box cards come with the necessary things to run them. Driver CD, and cable are probably there. Open Box can mean several things, it can mean the card was returned for no reason, or it could mean there's a problem with it.

You might be able to get a X800XL for little less than that. I think $189 for a X800XT seems a decent price to pay.

I recently bought 2 "refurb" video cards from newegg and each came with all the necessary cables and the video drivers
a b U Graphics card
June 2, 2006 1:59:27 AM

Thanks for the clarification/schooling :oops:  . I used to buy loads of newegg refurbs, but it's been a while.
June 2, 2006 2:23:50 AM

So. Basically, y'all think this is a good deal?

Also. If it does come with just the card.. Will I need a power cord? Or will the one I'm using for my 9800xt suffice?
June 2, 2006 2:35:46 AM

yeah its a good deal, and just to let u know, the power connector on that X800XT is a standard 4 pin molex, just like the kind you use to power a hd or a cd drive
June 2, 2006 2:37:21 AM

I really hate it when morons start two fukcing threads about the same thing....especially when the original thread was getting excellent replies.

.....I mean....c'mon :roll:
June 2, 2006 2:52:54 AM

I love you too, GeneticWeapon.
June 2, 2006 10:51:24 AM

Quote:
I really hate it when morons start two fukcing threads about the same thing....especially when the original thread was getting excellent replies.

.....I mean....c'mon :roll:

And your post was so necessary :roll:
:roll:
!