Opening pages within a website

rene

I for some reason have just started having my computer not
open a box in full size. I dont know the proper
terminology for the box but say for instance. I go into a
avon site, within that site you can click on something
like representative profile. when i click on that a little
box comes up in the upper left hand corner of my screen
but does not allow me to enlarge to read everthing that
has been posted there and there is no scroll down keys.
How do I fix this problem?????

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Try to enlarge the window - move slowly your mouse cursor (arrow) over one
of the edges of the "box" and see if the arrow changes shape (depending on
your cursor scheme - might be 2 opposite black little arrows); then, you can
drag the edge.
Another way would be to try messing up with the IE settings - changing
fonts, or forcing Windows Settings on web pages.
Yet another way is to copy the content of the "box": make box "active"
(slide the mouse cursor in the box), ctrl-a (select all), ctrl-c (copy),
then paste (ctrl-v) in Notepad or Word etc. Also , see what options you have
on the mouse right-click while in that box.
Without more knowledge about the site, that's about it:)
Michael

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:10:16 -0700, Rene wrote:

> I for some reason have just started having my computer not
> open a box in full size. I dont know the proper
> terminology for the box but say for instance. I go into a
> avon site, within that site you can click on something
> like representative profile. when i click on that a little
> box comes up in the upper left hand corner of my screen
> but does not allow me to enlarge to read everthing that
> has been posted there and there is no scroll down keys.
> How do I fix this problem?????

The website is using a script to generate the secondary windows. Those
windows have a pre-determined size (determined by the script). They are not
accommodating the amount of text that needs to be displayed or they are
failing to support the text size that you use.

Suggest contacting the webmaster for the site and relating the problem to
them. They can edit the script on their end to correct the issue. If an
email address is not listed for the webmaster, look for "feedback" or
"contact us" links and give those a try.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User