will HD-DVD or bluray win?

S7A88Y

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2006
I between the two, HD-DVD. Overall PH-DVD, easyer and cheaper to make, 100GB; easy conversion from current production

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
If you want opinions then read one of the many other threads.

If you listen to the opinions of others in order to form your own, you're not forming your own. Look at the facts. People using the opinions of others as their own because they're too dumb to form their own opinions is why people like dubya and others get away with stuff. Go read the Daily Mail.

jodo

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
Well there are a few things to look at. To me One Managed Copy is the reason I think HD DVD should win(that and cost). To not allow OMC on Blu-ray is retarded.

Cost is just silly, I don't understand why manufacturers would agree to upgrade their facilities to Blu-Ray with its costs compared to HD DVD....but they are. I don't really consider capacity to be an issue as both have shown a minimum of 100MB to be easily attainable(Blu-Ray shows a 200GB, but I think 100MB is enough - for now and for quite some time)

Anyhow, personally I'm gunning for HD DVD, but it could go either way.

sdrawkcaBgoD

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
I don't think it could "go either way". Bluray hasn't got a chance in hell. Sony wants us to go out and buy a ridiculously expensive console, buy overpriced games and also help them make money through their Bluray technology. I've always been a Sony fan but from now on they can kiss my fat @$$.

Okay, that got a little angry towards the end. I apologize. But I still think that Bluray is DOA.

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
I think HD-DVD will win; DVD is a well known name, HD-DVD is cheaper, and chances are it'll receive better support in the industry. Anyone remember Sony's betamax? Exactly my point.