look for a sli motherboard for conroe, any link please?

lionel57000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2005
hi

i will in a few weeks buy a conroe , but when i look for mobos for it, i don t find lot of details

somebody has some links to make a first choice ? sli only ( 8 & 8 or 16 & 16 better ) o runs my quad sli

thanks for help

AlexanderTheGreat

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
Try the ATI RD600

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=2645

I second that...

My first choice for main board is ASUS,

yet I've seen no sign of it yet

...ATI?~! sounds too good to be true

the truth is out there

AlexanderTheGreat

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
look here! I don't like nvidia, just about as much I turn away from AMD.

ATI any SUNDAY

I just like to save money, Gforce might spank but untill they make something really spectacular u can't convince me.

btw... I don't know which ASUS because they haven't released a 965x, but it will support your nvidia once it's ready...

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
You say you're upgrading from an FX60 to a Conroe? Unless you're playing on 640x480, you won't notice any difference. Save your money for Clovertown or K8L.

AlexanderTheGreat

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
You say you're upgrading from an FX60 to a Conroe? Unless you're playing on 640x480, you won't notice any difference. Save your money for Clovertown or K8L.

You can get a new platform today!

My perfrence is to support 1066 Ram and a 1333 FSB as well.

The plan is to get new Core 2 architecture. If you can wait a few weeks after the July 23rd release, fine, if not.... At least do the right thing. Purchasing the hotest deal doesn't sound too bad of an idea, if you're in you're in, might as well buy the best of the best. Make sure though that you will be quad core ready. I am personaly not going to buy anything other than Core 2 Extreme. Clovertown will be right around the corner and a bunch of people will still want an extreme chip so you will be able to sell it on eBay easily.

SidVicious

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002

Ridiculous indeed, I don't see the point of ditching hardware that's still bleeding-edge.

Hell, an high-end watercooling loop and some overclocking would make more sense IMHO, seems like the Conroe hype is sucking neurons and common sense out of people's heads like some kind of parasite straight out of a B-Movie.

Sonic_Reducer

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
yes as state before i don't think you would need that migration you have a nice rig there why change, unless you really need the dual core power that conroe provides for video and audio enconding and dual tasking, i don't think you need that much of a change

http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=1031&l1=3&l2=11&l3=248

this is the newest board from ASUS wich has the ati chip, but i don't think i goes SLI i think it only goes crossfire

lionel57000

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2005
hello

other news ?

for clovertown i don t need it
i m a gamer, and i only need a very good processor

multi thread isn t very used actualy

so i could wait for quad core ....

weskurtz81

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
If I were you I would not plan on being able to buy a Conroe chip for it's MSRP or maybe not even being able to purchase one for a while after the release date. The supply will be low until the end of the year so there is really no telling when it will be in the retail channels. Major OEMs get the biggest attention on release. But there is really no telling, so take it with a grain of salt..... I just wouldn't bank on being able to buy it for a while due to low supply.

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
i would stick with Intel

Intel D975XBX - they tested conroe on that board, also it is the fastest 975x board on the market and its cheaper than the asus