Serious problem with X800GTO, please help

boyfriend2k4

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
Last month, i bought X800GTO AGP, 256MB. It worked fine for probably 2weeks. After that, whenever i use to play any games on my computer. My computer just freezes after 3-4 mins. Since its a heavy card so i assumed my computer must be over heating. I checked the temp, and it was high my CPU temperature going upto 95C. I bought a fan for my GFX card and processor and a 600W PSU, the temperature came down but the problem was still there. Then i changed my Motherboard and bought a new one coz my Motherboard socket got burned. Now when most of my Computer parts are new, when i put X800GTO into my motherboard, even the monitor doesnt turn on. Does anyone know what are the least requirements for this card?

P4- Intel 2.8GHz Processor
1Gb RAM
Gigabyte motherboard

Hale73

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
maybe your card is involved in your PC's death. Try on other working mobos. You can't see any display cause the Graphics Card is'nt working properly, or probably dead, check if it's fan is still rotating.

boyfriend2k4

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
Yeah the fan is moving as it should. But the main problem is that my monitor stays on standby. I am thinking about giving it to some computer shop to test it on their comps. What do you think?