How to make skype wireless ?

I signed up for skype but did not realize that the calls are via PC.
So whenever I make a call I am stuck to the PC.My headset connects to
the PC.

I am used to a wireless phone and doing other things while I talk.

is there any way to make my Skype connection wireless ?

I am NOT technical.

Thanks
Tina
9 answers Last reply
More about make skype wireless

    tinaspeilberg1@yahoo.com skrev:
    > How to make skype wireless ?
    >
    > I signed up for skype but did not realize that the calls are via PC.
    > So whenever I make a call I am stuck to the PC.My headset connects to
    > the PC.
    >
    > I am used to a wireless phone and doing other things while I talk.
    >
    > is there any way to make my Skype connection wireless ?
    >
    > I am NOT technical.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Tina

    This looks like a good solution:
    http://www.dualphone.net/

    (haven't tried it myself - found it in the customer's forum of Telio, a
    Norwegian IP telephone provider.)

    Svein

    tinaspeilberg1@yahoo.com wrote:
    > How to make skype wireless ?
    >
    > I signed up for skype but did not realize that the calls are via PC.
    > So whenever I make a call I am stuck to the PC.My headset connects
    > to the PC.
    >
    > I am used to a wireless phone and doing other things while I talk.
    >
    > is there any way to make my Skype connection wireless ?
    >
    > I am NOT technical.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Tina

    I know people who have managed to get a bluetooth headset working with
    Skype, also a PDA can be used if you have one.

    Ivor

    "Svein Høvik" <svein_hovik29@hotmail.com> wrote > This looks like a good
    solution:
    > http://www.dualphone.net/
    >
    > (haven't tried it myself - found it in the customer's forum of Telio, a
    > Norwegian IP telephone provider.)

    Is their a handset available that is also SIP compatible? so it can be used
    on FWD?

    Sidkney

    SidKnee skrev:
    > "Svein Høvik" <svein_hovik29@hotmail.com> wrote > This looks like a good
    > solution:
    >
    >>http://www.dualphone.net/
    >>
    >>(haven't tried it myself - found it in the customer's forum of Telio, a
    >>Norwegian IP telephone provider.)
    >>

    > Is their a handset available that is also SIP compatible? so it can be used
    > on FWD?
    >
    > Sidkney

    No, it's not SIP compatible as such.
    But if you have an IP phone adapter, for example the Grandstream 486,
    you can connect any analog wireless phone, INCLUDING the Dualphone.

    Svein
  5. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    SidKnee skrev:
    > "Svein Høvik" <svein_hovik29@hotmail.com> wrote > This looks like a good
    > solution:
    >
    >>http://www.dualphone.net/
    >>
    >>(haven't tried it myself - found it in the customer's forum of Telio, a
    >>Norwegian IP telephone provider.)
    >>

    > Is their a handset available that is also SIP compatible? so it can be used
    > on FWD?
    >
    > Sidkney

    No, it's not SIP compatible as such.
    But if you have an IP phone adapter, for example the Grandstream 486,
    you can connect any analog wireless phone, INCLUDING the Dualphone.

    Svein
  6. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    SidKnee:
    >Is their a handset available that is also SIP compatible? so it can be used
    >on FWD?

    There are wifi SIP phones available, will work without a computer, anywhere
    there is a wifi signal available.
    Zyxel 2000W, Senao, some others, but they are not cheap at the moment.
    Cisco does one too, just remember to sit down and take deep breath before
    you ask the price...
    Regards,
    Martin
  7. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    > Is their a handset available that is also SIP compatible? so it can be
    used
    > on FWD?

    Have a look at
    http://www.pcphoneline.com/
    The VTA1000-Skype is SIP and Skype compatible (Yup, in one device)
    Connect your own cordless to it.
    Price is way below the dualphone.

    Regards,
    Erwin.
  8. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    Why are everyone complicating things? Why don't you use a SPA 1001 or a
    SPA 3000 and connect as many phones you want to the VOIP device? SPA
    1001 is under $50.

    www.store.voxilla.com
  9. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?)

    >This looks like a good solution:
    >http://www.dualphone.net/

    Unfortunately, the solution you recommend is not available for those of
    us in the U.S..

    Dan

    On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:43:30 +0100, Svein Høvik
    <svein_hovik29@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >tinaspeilberg1@yahoo.com skrev:
    >> How to make skype wireless ?
    >>
    >> I signed up for skype but did not realize that the calls are via PC.
    >> So whenever I make a call I am stuck to the PC.My headset connects to
    >> the PC.
    >>
    >> I am used to a wireless phone and doing other things while I talk.
    >>
    >> is there any way to make my Skype connection wireless ?
    >>
    >> I am NOT technical.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Tina
    >>

    >This looks like a good solution:
    >http://www.dualphone.net/
    >
    >(haven't tried it myself - found it in the customer's forum of Telio, a
    >Norwegian IP telephone provider.)
    >

    >Svein

vpn Wireless Skype Networking