How to make skype wireless ?

Last response: in Networking
a b F Wireless
February 11, 2005 8:21:29 AM

How to make skype wireless ?

I signed up for skype but did not realize that the calls are via PC.
So whenever I make a call I am stuck to the PC.My headset connects to
the PC.

I am used to a wireless phone and doing other things while I talk.

is there any way to make my Skype connection wireless ?

I am NOT technical.

Thanks
Tina

More about : make skype wireless

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 11, 2005 5:43:30 PM

tinaspeilberg1@yahoo.com skrev:
> How to make skype wireless ?
>
> I signed up for skype but did not realize that the calls are via PC.
> So whenever I make a call I am stuck to the PC.My headset connects to
> the PC.
>
> I am used to a wireless phone and doing other things while I talk.
>
> is there any way to make my Skype connection wireless ?
>
> I am NOT technical.
>
> Thanks
> Tina

This looks like a good solution:
http://www.dualphone.net/

(haven't tried it myself - found it in the customer's forum of Telio, a
Norwegian IP telephone provider.)

Svein
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 11, 2005 8:41:29 PM

tinaspeilberg1@yahoo.com wrote:
> How to make skype wireless ?
>
> I signed up for skype but did not realize that the calls are via PC.
> So whenever I make a call I am stuck to the PC.My headset connects
> to the PC.
>
> I am used to a wireless phone and doing other things while I talk.
>
> is there any way to make my Skype connection wireless ?
>
> I am NOT technical.
>
> Thanks
> Tina

I know people who have managed to get a bluetooth headset working with
Skype, also a PDA can be used if you have one.

Ivor
a b F Wireless
February 11, 2005 11:12:50 PM

"Svein Høvik" <svein_hovik29@hotmail.com> wrote > This looks like a good
solution:
> http://www.dualphone.net/
>
> (haven't tried it myself - found it in the customer's forum of Telio, a
> Norwegian IP telephone provider.)

Is their a handset available that is also SIP compatible? so it can be used
on FWD?

Sidkney
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 12, 2005 1:03:28 AM

SidKnee skrev:
> "Svein Høvik" <svein_hovik29@hotmail.com> wrote > This looks like a good
> solution:
>
>>http://www.dualphone.net/
>>
>>(haven't tried it myself - found it in the customer's forum of Telio, a
>>Norwegian IP telephone provider.)
>>

> Is their a handset available that is also SIP compatible? so it can be used
> on FWD?
>
> Sidkney

No, it's not SIP compatible as such.
But if you have an IP phone adapter, for example the Grandstream 486,
you can connect any analog wireless phone, INCLUDING the Dualphone.

Svein
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 12, 2005 1:04:15 AM

SidKnee skrev:
> "Svein Høvik" <svein_hovik29@hotmail.com> wrote > This looks like a good
> solution:
>
>>http://www.dualphone.net/
>>
>>(haven't tried it myself - found it in the customer's forum of Telio, a
>>Norwegian IP telephone provider.)
>>

> Is their a handset available that is also SIP compatible? so it can be used
> on FWD?
>
> Sidkney

No, it's not SIP compatible as such.
But if you have an IP phone adapter, for example the Grandstream 486,
you can connect any analog wireless phone, INCLUDING the Dualphone.

Svein
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 12, 2005 4:07:18 AM

SidKnee:
>Is their a handset available that is also SIP compatible? so it can be used
>on FWD?

There are wifi SIP phones available, will work without a computer, anywhere
there is a wifi signal available.
Zyxel 2000W, Senao, some others, but they are not cheap at the moment.
Cisco does one too, just remember to sit down and take deep breath before
you ask the price...
Regards,
Martin
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 12, 2005 4:41:59 PM

> Is their a handset available that is also SIP compatible? so it can be
used
> on FWD?

Have a look at
http://www.pcphoneline.com/
The VTA1000-Skype is SIP and Skype compatible (Yup, in one device)
Connect your own cordless to it.
Price is way below the dualphone.

Regards,
Erwin.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 13, 2005 9:34:03 AM

Why are everyone complicating things? Why don't you use a SPA 1001 or a
SPA 3000 and connect as many phones you want to the VOIP device? SPA
1001 is under $50.

www.store.voxilla.com
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 17, 2005 5:03:41 PM

>This looks like a good solution:
>http://www.dualphone.net/

Unfortunately, the solution you recommend is not available for those of
us in the U.S..

Dan

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:43:30 +0100, Svein Høvik

!