Sign in with
Your question

Pentium 805 Temperature Monitors

Last response: in Overclocking
June 2, 2006 11:02:38 AM

I'll preface this by saying that if this particular topic was mentioned elsewhere, I'm sorry - I couldn't find it (and I did look). Though someone asked the exact same question I'm asking right now on the forum directly linked to the TH article on OC'ing the 805, no one answered him/her.

This is my first time at overclocking, but I couldn't pass this up. So, I bought an 805 and began the whole overclocking process. I haven't had a problem with overheating (it's doing exactly what the article said it would, so I prepared with water cooling), but I have to know - is there any kind of software that will dynamically control the CPU speed so that when it's idle, I'm not using a ridiculous amount of power?

It's overclocked at 3.8GHz right now and I've bumped it up to 4.1 just to see it, but there's no way I'll even consider keeping them there at the power they suck up. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance for any help!!
June 2, 2006 11:53:04 AM

http://cpu.rightmark.org/products/rmclock.shtml

I'm pretty sure it works for Intel chips too.... It steps down my X2-3800 which is already overclocked to equivalent X2-5000 speeds, by halving the clock multiplier ... or whatever you set it at .... so instead of 10x260 HTT it runs at 5X260 HTT & drops the temps for me from 38c idle to 32c idle... when CPU utlisation goes up the multiplier jumps up...

give it a try...
!