Dallas inspired WOW

Following my recent post about getting the system working at OK FPS again I
bought the PMDG 747 to celebrate. I also re-installed some of my scenery and
mesh files. I then de-installed UK2000 airports again as it kills my system,
which is a shame because it looks good.

When I saw Dallas' Wow post a few days ago I thought I would try some
photoreal shots of the UK Lake District and the Cessna 310. I think they
have come out quite well.

I also took some of the 747 at LAX (Mine is the BA one) as I was pretty
impressed by the aircraft generated by Ultimate traffic. Far more than I get
in Manchester UK.

Here are the shots:

http://www.whatthelenssaw.co.uk/flightsim/index.htm

BTW that PMDG 747 is excellent if anyone wants to fly heavy metal. Even if
you don't use the FMC it has brilliant handling and is easy (Well behaved)
to hand fly, including landings.

Regards

Geoff
5 answers Last reply
More about dallas inspired

    GeoffC wrote:
    > Following my recent post about getting the system working at OK FPS
    > again I bought the PMDG 747 to celebrate. I also re-installed some of
    > my scenery and mesh files. I then de-installed UK2000 airports again
    > as it kills my system, which is a shame because it looks good.
    >
    > When I saw Dallas' Wow post a few days ago I thought I would try some

    Nice shots! Varmit's WOW (Wild Out West) shots are inspiring, and it makes
    you wonder where we'll be this time next year with the sim.. Inquiring
    minds want to know......... I'd never guessed a year ago we'd be seeing
    what we're now seeing..

    Cheers'n Beers.. [_])
    Don

    GeoffC wrote:

    > When I saw Dallas' Wow post a few days ago I thought I would try some
    > photoreal shots of the UK Lake District and the Cessna 310. I think
    > they have come out quite well.

    WOW.......doesnt the Lake District look different without the low
    nimbostratus ceiling and constant rain!
    ;-)

    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    ....why, other guards, of course!

    I know what you mean about the rain, although the last two times I walked up
    there I got burned. That was actually the real weather at the time of those
    flights as well. Will be trying something a little more moody at some point
    though.

    "M" <spam@spamme.com> wrote in message
    > GeoffC wrote:
    >
    > > When I saw Dallas' Wow post a few days ago I thought I would try some
    > > photoreal shots of the UK Lake District and the Cessna 310. I think
    > > they have come out quite well.
    >
    > WOW.......doesnt the Lake District look different without the low
    > nimbostratus ceiling and constant rain!
    > ;-)

    > Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    > ...why, other guards, of course!

    I drive from Scotland to Gloucestershire (and back) around 2-3 times a
    year..........so in the last 18 visits (plus a weeks stay) it has been
    overcast and rainy........except the one glorious day of April 24th 2000
    when we went on a boat trip from Ambleside to Windermere and it was a lovely
    dry day!

    "GeoffC" <geoff_noise@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I know what you mean about the rain, although the last two times I walked
    up
    > there I got burned. That was actually the real weather at the time of
    those
    > flights as well. Will be trying something a little more moody at some
    point
    > though.
    >
    > "M" <spam@spamme.com> wrote in message
    > > GeoffC wrote:
    > >
    > > > When I saw Dallas' Wow post a few days ago I thought I would try some
    > > > photoreal shots of the UK Lake District and the Cessna 310. I think
    > > > they have come out quite well.
    > >
    > > WOW.......doesnt the Lake District look different without the low
    > > nimbostratus ceiling and constant rain!
    > > ;-)
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    > > ...why, other guards, of course!

    I reckon your experience is pretty typical, although I quite like the place
    whatever the weather. As I live in Manchester it would have to rain quite
    hard for me to think of it as bad weather LOL.

    > I drive from Scotland to Gloucestershire (and back) around 2-3 times a
    > year..........so in the last 18 visits (plus a weeks stay) it has been
    > overcast and rainy........except the one glorious day of April 24th 2000
    > when we went on a boat trip from Ambleside to Windermere and it was a
    lovely
    > dry day!

    > Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    > ...why, other guards, of course!
    >
    > "GeoffC" <geoff_noise@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > I know what you mean about the rain, although the last two times I
    walked
    > up
    > > there I got burned. That was actually the real weather at the time of
    > those
    > > flights as well. Will be trying something a little more moody at some
    > point
    > > though.
    > >
    > > "M" <spam@spamme.com> wrote in message

    > > > WOW.......doesnt the Lake District look different without the low
    > > > nimbostratus ceiling and constant rain!
    > > > ;-)
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > >
    > > > Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?