Best color calibration hardware/software for $'s..?

I have an Epson 4780 Photo scanner, a Canon i9900 printer and a Sony 21"
GDM-F520 CRT monitor. I'm looking for suggestions for a color
calibration system.
Thanks for your suggestions.
FB
6 answers Last reply
More about best color calibration hardware software

    Frank wrote:
    > I have an Epson 4780 Photo scanner, a Canon i9900 printer and a Sony
    21"
    > GDM-F520 CRT monitor. I'm looking for suggestions for a color
    > calibration system.
    > Thanks for your suggestions.
    > FB

    Assuming you are running XP or 2000 [or the supported flavors of mac],
    ColorVision Spyder2 Plus is hard to beat for the price -- particularly
    if you don't already own PS Elements 3.

    missingdata wrote:
    > Frank wrote:
    >
    >>I have an Epson 4780 Photo scanner, a Canon i9900 printer and a Sony
    >
    > 21"
    >
    >>GDM-F520 CRT monitor. I'm looking for suggestions for a color
    >>calibration system.
    >>Thanks for your suggestions.
    >>FB
    >

    > Assuming you are running XP or 2000 [or the supported flavors of mac],
    > ColorVision Spyder2 Plus is hard to beat for the price -- particularly
    > if you don't already own PS Elements 3.

    I'm running xp pro sp2 and I already have PS Elements 3.
    Thanks,
    Frank

    On 14 Mar 2005 11:54:44 -0800, "missingdata" <clayschn@fast.net>
    wrote:

    >Frank wrote:
    >> I have an Epson 4780 Photo scanner, a Canon i9900 printer and a Sony
    >21"
    >> GDM-F520 CRT monitor. I'm looking for suggestions for a color
    >> calibration system.
    >> Thanks for your suggestions.
    >> FB
    >
    >Assuming you are running XP or 2000 [or the supported flavors of mac],
    >ColorVision Spyder2 Plus is hard to beat for the price -- particularly
    >if you don't already own PS Elements 3.

    What about Gretag Macbeth?
    http://na.eye-onecolor.com/index.cfm/CFID/6503061/CFTOKEN/65003999/MenuItemID/96/MenuGroup/USAHome.htm

    "Lady Margeret Thatcher" <Was_at_10_Downing_Street@bad_for_the_UK.org> wrote in
    message news:d56c311ql5d369ssf4evr23b3sc9of2o6s@4ax.com...
    > On 14 Mar 2005 11:54:44 -0800, "missingdata" <clayschn@fast.net>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >Frank wrote:
    > >> I have an Epson 4780 Photo scanner, a Canon i9900 printer and a Sony
    > >21"
    > >> GDM-F520 CRT monitor. I'm looking for suggestions for a color
    > >> calibration system.
    > >> Thanks for your suggestions.
    > >> FB
    > >
    > >Assuming you are running XP or 2000 [or the supported flavors of mac],
    > >ColorVision Spyder2 Plus is hard to beat for the price -- particularly
    > >if you don't already own PS Elements 3.
    >
    > What about Gretag Macbeth?

    http://na.eye-onecolor.com/index.cfm/CFID/6503061/CFTOKEN/65003999/MenuItemID/96/MenuGroup/USAHome.htm

    uh...., given that eye-one photo is about 5-6x the price of spyder2 plus, it
    might be worth considering spyder even if you already have a copy of pse3 ....
    :)

    Lady Margeret Thatcher wrote:
    > On 14 Mar 2005 11:54:44 -0800, "missingdata" <clayschn@fast.net>
    > wrote:
    >

    >> Frank wrote:
    >>> I have an Epson 4780 Photo scanner, a Canon i9900 printer and a
    >>> Sony 21" GDM-F520 CRT monitor. I'm looking for suggestions for a
    >>> color calibration system.
    >>> Thanks for your suggestions.
    >>> FB
    >>
    >> Assuming you are running XP or 2000 [or the supported flavors of
    >> mac], ColorVision Spyder2 Plus is hard to beat for the price --
    >> particularly if you don't already own PS Elements 3.
    >
    > What about Gretag Macbeth?
    > http://na.eye-onecolor.com/index.cfm/CFID/6503061/CFTOKEN/65003999/MenuItemID/96/MenuGroup/USAHome.htm

    If you want to use the name of the former Iron Lady - at least *SPELL* it
    correctly - it's MARGARET.

    On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:08:11 -0000, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
    <noone@here.com> wrote:

    >Lady Margeret Thatcher wrote:
    >> On 14 Mar 2005 11:54:44 -0800, "missingdata" <clayschn@fast.net>
    >> wrote:

    >>> Assuming you are running XP or 2000 [or the supported flavors of
    >>> mac], ColorVision Spyder2 Plus is hard to beat for the price --
    >>> particularly if you don't already own PS Elements 3.
    >>
    >> What about Gretag Macbeth?
    >> http://na.eye-onecolor.com/index.cfm/CFID/6503061/CFTOKEN/65003999/MenuItemID/96/MenuGroup/USAHome.htm
    >
    >If you want to use the name of the former Iron Lady - at least *SPELL* it
    >correctly - it's MARGARET.

    Yup. Thanks. Although I imagine that the appeal of the IRON LADY has
    "rusted" somewhat lately ...

    Now, about that calibration hardware. ...

Printers Hardware Software Peripherals