Best color calibration hardware/software for $'s..?

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have an Epson 4780 Photo scanner, a Canon i9900 printer and a Sony 21"
GDM-F520 CRT monitor. I'm looking for suggestions for a color
calibration system.
Thanks for your suggestions.
FB

Frank wrote:
> I have an Epson 4780 Photo scanner, a Canon i9900 printer and a Sony
21"
> GDM-F520 CRT monitor. I'm looking for suggestions for a color
> calibration system.
> Thanks for your suggestions.
> FB

Assuming you are running XP or 2000 [or the supported flavors of mac],
ColorVision Spyder2 Plus is hard to beat for the price -- particularly
if you don't already own PS Elements 3.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

missingdata wrote:
> Frank wrote:
>
>>I have an Epson 4780 Photo scanner, a Canon i9900 printer and a Sony
>
> 21"
>
>>GDM-F520 CRT monitor. I'm looking for suggestions for a color
>>calibration system.
>>Thanks for your suggestions.
>>FB
>

> Assuming you are running XP or 2000 [or the supported flavors of mac],
> ColorVision Spyder2 Plus is hard to beat for the price -- particularly
> if you don't already own PS Elements 3.

I'm running xp pro sp2 and I already have PS Elements 3.
Thanks,
Frank

On 14 Mar 2005 11:54:44 -0800, "missingdata" <clayschn@fast.net>
wrote:

>Frank wrote:
>> I have an Epson 4780 Photo scanner, a Canon i9900 printer and a Sony
>21"
>> GDM-F520 CRT monitor. I'm looking for suggestions for a color
>> calibration system.
>> Thanks for your suggestions.
>> FB
>
>Assuming you are running XP or 2000 [or the supported flavors of mac],
>ColorVision Spyder2 Plus is hard to beat for the price -- particularly
>if you don't already own PS Elements 3.

What about Gretag Macbeth?
http://na.eye-onecolor.com/index.cfm/CFID/6503061/CFTOKEN/65003999/MenuItemID/96/MenuGroup/USAHome.htm

"Lady Margeret Thatcher" <Was_at_10_Downing_Street@bad_for_the_UK.org> wrote in
message news:d56c311ql5d369ssf4evr23b3sc9of2o6s@4ax.com...
> On 14 Mar 2005 11:54:44 -0800, "missingdata" <clayschn@fast.net>
> wrote:
>

> >Frank wrote:
> >> I have an Epson 4780 Photo scanner, a Canon i9900 printer and a Sony
> >21"
> >> GDM-F520 CRT monitor. I'm looking for suggestions for a color
> >> calibration system.
> >> Thanks for your suggestions.
> >> FB
> >
> >Assuming you are running XP or 2000 [or the supported flavors of mac],
> >ColorVision Spyder2 Plus is hard to beat for the price -- particularly
> >if you don't already own PS Elements 3.
>
> What about Gretag Macbeth?

http://na.eye-onecolor.com/index.cfm/CFID/6503061/CFTOKEN/65003999/MenuItemID/96/MenuGroup/USAHome.htm

uh...., given that eye-one photo is about 5-6x the price of spyder2 plus, it
might be worth considering spyder even if you already have a copy of pse3 ....
:)

Lady Margeret Thatcher wrote:
> On 14 Mar 2005 11:54:44 -0800, "missingdata" <clayschn@fast.net>
> wrote:
>

>> Frank wrote:
>>> I have an Epson 4780 Photo scanner, a Canon i9900 printer and a
>>> Sony 21" GDM-F520 CRT monitor. I'm looking for suggestions for a
>>> color calibration system.
>>> Thanks for your suggestions.
>>> FB
>>
>> Assuming you are running XP or 2000 [or the supported flavors of
>> mac], ColorVision Spyder2 Plus is hard to beat for the price --
>> particularly if you don't already own PS Elements 3.
>
> What about Gretag Macbeth?
> http://na.eye-onecolor.com/index.cfm/CFID/6503061/CFTOKEN/65003999/MenuItemID/96/MenuGroup/USAHome.htm

If you want to use the name of the former Iron Lady - at least *SPELL* it
correctly - it's MARGARET.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:08:11 -0000, "Miss Perspicacia Tick"
<noone@here.com> wrote:

>Lady Margeret Thatcher wrote:
>> On 14 Mar 2005 11:54:44 -0800, "missingdata" <clayschn@fast.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Assuming you are running XP or 2000 [or the supported flavors of
>>> mac], ColorVision Spyder2 Plus is hard to beat for the price --
>>> particularly if you don't already own PS Elements 3.
>>
>> What about Gretag Macbeth?
>> http://na.eye-onecolor.com/index.cfm/CFID/6503061/CFTOKEN/65003999/MenuItemID/96/MenuGroup/USAHome.htm
>
>If you want to use the name of the former Iron Lady - at least *SPELL* it
>correctly - it's MARGARET.

Yup. Thanks. Although I imagine that the appeal of the IRON LADY has
"rusted" somewhat lately ...

Now, about that calibration hardware. ...