GMail account

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Here is the FAQ about sending an invitation to friends

===========================

How do I invite others to join Gmail?
Answer
return to Help Center

Gmail gives users the ability to invite friends to sign up for Gmail
accounts. If you don't happen to see a blue 'Invite a friend' box in
your account, please be patient -- Gmail invitations are always randomly
distributed.

If you have the ability to invite friends to try out Gmail, you'll see
the 'Invite a friend' box on the left side of your Gmail account. Just
enter your friend's email address in the text box, and click 'Send
Invite' to instantly send an invitation. If the person you're sending an
invitation to is in your Contacts list, Gmail will auto-complete his or
her email address for you. And finally, if you'd like to look at the
invitation you're about to send, click 'preview invite.' While
previewing the invite, you can also personalize the message that will be
sent to your friend.

If you should run out of invitations, you'll no longer see the option to
invite more friends to create Gmail accounts. For now, we can't give you
more invites, even if you ask nicely or offer to tattoo Gmail on some
part of your body. (You'd be amazed at what people will offer for a
Gmail invitation.) Gmail may, however, randomly grant invitations to
your account as they become available in the future.

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Peter R. wrote:

> Dallas <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote:
>

>>"Beech45Whiskey"
>>
>>>My Gmail account has 50 unused invites available.
>>
>>Err... What's the big deal with Gmail?
>

> Did I just imagine reading a few threads in this group about Google Chat
> requiring a Gmail account?

That's what I read when looking at Gtalk. From what I read it is
supposed to have easy voice capability to other users but I would have
to go back and find it.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

dallas

"Peter R."
> Did I just imagine reading a few threads in this group about Google Chat
> requiring a Gmail account?

Oh.. being unimpressed with the concept of Google Chat I guess I didn't
consider it a factor.

Dallas

Sent you that e-mail. Hope you get it.

Trent L.

Beech45Whiskey wrote:
> boB <akita_77REMOVECAPS@yahoo.Xcom> wrote:
>
> > If you should run out of invitations, you'll no longer see the option to
> > invite more friends to create Gmail accounts. For now, we can't give you
> > more invites, even if you ask nicely or offer to tattoo Gmail on some
> > part of your body. (You'd be amazed at what people will offer for a
> > Gmail invitation.) Gmail may, however, randomly grant invitations to
> > your account as they become available in the future.
>
> My Gmail account has 50 unused invites available. If anyone needs one,
> send me an email to the address attached to this post.

You can also give and receive a Gmail invite from this forum:

http://groups.google.com/group/Gmail-Invites

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Beech45Whiskey wrote:

>>My Gmail account has 50 unused invites available. If anyone needs one,
>>send me an email to the address attached to this post.
>

> LOL! After giving away three of these so called invites (what a clever
> marketing ploy this whole Google Mail invite is), I just checked my
> remaining "invite" balance expecting to see 47 remaining.
>
> I now have 100 invites left.
>
> This is crazy.

They know you are a good inviter. :)
--